“wonderful”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Everything about this restaurant was extremely enjoyable. The food was super fresh and presented artistically! Can't wait to return.

There are newer reviews for Hen of The Wood

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Excellent food, amazing stone walled mill, spectacular waterfall setting. And great service from knowledgeable staff. Owner chef cares!!! Simply one of the BEST bistros in America..

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is hands down the best restaurant I have ever been to in Vermont. The service was great, the wine was fantastic, and the food was extraordinary. If I were rich, I would eat at Hen of the Wood at least once a week-- instead, it is my go-to place for special occasions.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My partner and I had an absoluately lovely meal on October 11, 2012 at the Hen of the Wood. The portions are modest in size but not in flavor. Prior to my visit I had been on a strict Vegan diet for nearly 7 weeks in an attempt to lose weight (22 pounds). I mention this in that my system was probably unprepared for the very rich food. Although no chef, I believe that a lot of butter or duck fat was used in their preparations. Not complaining, just noting that the food is exceptionally tasty for a reason. Compounding our wonderful experience was the lovely setting and great service by our waitress, Alexi. She was friendly, unobtrustive, and very professional. Overall, the experience was wonderful. Be warn that the prices are rather high for a small rural community; especially given the rather small portions. The two of us spent $140 on bottle water, food, taxes, and tip (no alcohol). Enjoy!!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Front to back, this place serves excellent food. Try the cheeses, get the bread! Local, seasonal foods. We had a local VT wine that was just great.

Been to Hen of The Wood? Share your experiences!