“Park Row is my absolute favorite place for lunch!”
Review of Park Row

Park Row
Ranked #15 of 36 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterbury, vt
“Park Row is my absolute favorite place for lunch!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Do not miss the soups. Order the anything and cheese. Broccoli and cheese, asparagus and cheese, Cheddar ale. My wife really loves the Butternut Squash soup, but you really cannot go wrong with anything on their menu. The staff is very friendly and even though it is counter service, they will deliver the food to your table if it is not ready right away. I understand the earlier review that they felt rushed at the counter, but being a local this is one of my favorite things about this restaurant. Know what you want, order and move along, the counter is not the place to stand and think about what you want, get out of line for that. The line in this place gets pretty long at lunch already, but the staff moves it along well. The place is a little light on the atmosphere, it is counter service deli style, but you will not get better food in the area. Price runs on average about $10 a person for lunch.

• Visited November 2011

Warren, VT
“The best early morning breakfast around”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Headed for an early morning of work last week, i decided to forgo breakfast at home as i would be traveling through Waterbury. I stopped into Park Row and it was me, the staff and a group of 6 senior citizens having coffee.

Greeted by a smile and how do you do - i ordered a sausage and cheese omelette, side of home fries and white toast. The omelette was perfectly cooked, fluffy and not overburdened with cheese. The potatoes were crispy on the outside and soft inside - perfect. And the bread with some jelly - always good!

While they aren't open on Sundays, any weekday you can pop in from 6:30am on, grab a cup of coffee, some breakfast and be on your way in 20 minutes.

• Visited November 2011
washington dc
“Just so so”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The blueberry muffin was good, but the atmosphere was drab. You stood in line to order and it was rather confusing, so we each simply got a muffin and coffee. This seemed to be a place for regulars, but it lacked warmth, friendliness and was sterile. Would not go back. We look for cozier places where someone serves you rather than having to stand in line to order. Tried to use the ladies restroom, but the door would not latch or lock and I wasn't willing to risk it. All in all a disappointment.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank JHB4921
Montpelier, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Look forward to eating breakfast here every time”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Easy location, fast, yummy food from a straight forward menu. Service is always prompt and friendly. I regularly bring out of town guests here fora great breakfast. They bake all their own bread, scones, cookies and muffins every day and it is obvious! Popular with the locals. Only complaint is they are not open on weekends.

1 Thank LavaGrl75
Grove City, Ohio
“Great food! Friendly service! Good prices!”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and I were touring Waterbury. After a disappointing trip to Waterbury visitor's center and Green Mountain Coffee "tour", we walked across the street to enjoy one of our favorite meals of our vacation!
The people behind the counter were friendly and helpful, the menu was diverse, the quality was fantastic, and the portions were great!
My wife had the soup and salad, and I had a BBQ chicken and cheddar sandwich (that came with a heaping helping of homemade fries). Our meals were ready in just a few minutes and were delivered to our table with smiles. We ended up taking home some of their delicious scones for breakfast the next day.
I would highly recommend Park Row Cafe for a quick, delicious lunch in a nice, friendly, relaxed little "no-frills" diner.

Been to Park Row? Share your experiences!