“Underwhelmed”

Dining options: Reservations
vermont
“Underwhelmed”
Reviewed October 25, 2009

We had heard a lot about this restaurant, but it didn't live up to any of our expectations. The Cosmo my wife had was syrupy and my martini was ho hum. THey didn't even chill the glasses. My Red Pepper Vinagarette salad dressing was borderlie edible and the entres were way overpriced for the quality. We didn't bother to see a desert menu...no reason to spend any more oney for mediocre food. I will say that the service was friendly. That was about the only plus. My recommendation is to pass on this place. We will the next time someone suggests eating at Tanglewoods..

Stowe
“Highly recomended”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Excellent food, friendly service, great atmosphere, killer deserts=good value at $200 for four including appetizers, one of the better wines ($40), and desserts. I live locally and this restaurant is among the top in the Stowe-Waterbury area and I've been to them all.

Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We ate dinner at this restaurent, We ordered PENNE TOSSED IN GARLIC OIL and it is very delicous but when we see the bottom of the dish oh my god soo much oil, then we understand that it got taste because of the oil., but we agree one thing they used all fresh ingrdients. But this restaurent very pricey for nothing.

Iowa
“Wonderful service and food”
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Our group of 10 expected to find a cavernous barn with so-so food. Instead, Tanglewoods offered gourmet meals (we all wished we'd gotten the scallops with white truffle mac and cheese) and a very cozy ambiance, great service and a fine dining experience out in the country. Recommended!

1 Thank WeTravel2Learn
Kingsland, Texas
“Very nice!”
Reviewed September 13, 2005

The food was delicious, had a great austrailian wine and the atmosphere was
great in this renovated old barn!

1 Thank kerryvan2015