“awesome food and nice view”
Review of Tanglewoods - CLOSED

Tanglewoods
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Buttermilk fried chicken was great-we ate on outside deck.Wanted to go back but we were leaving next day.Staff friendly and accomodating. Definitely going back next trip.Some nites are themed-our nite was Mexican. Nice drink menu too.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We found the atmosphere to be quaint, cozy & a bit lodge like. Perfect for Vermont. The Cesar salad was slightly overdressed and could have used a dozen more of the spiced pecans which made it quite good. My partner had the seasonal salad with the maple bacon vinaigrette - yum! The seafood stew my partner ordered was tasty and my tuna steak was a perfect blend of flavors. Topped it off by sharing a decadent dessert. Couldn't do this often, but will definitely add it to our list of nice "special occasion" places.

Did note that there are simpler foods (burgers and such) available so a family could dine there and still be able to find something on the menu for the teens.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Tanglewoods was recommended to us by a local for its food. We went with high expectations and unfortunately were disappointed. Firstly, the atmosphere is incredibly dated and not in a historic, charming sort of way.( I was reminded of a 70's style steakhouse; dimly lit with too many red accents.) On the positive side, our server could not have been more attentive and friendly. She was gracious about my food substitutions and checked on us throughout the meal. We began with housemade chips drizzled with blue cheese which were really good however it would have been bettter to offer the drizzle as a dip instead. My friend had a potato leek soup which was okay. Her salad was drowning in dressing making it almost inedible. I had a spinach salad with scallops which was very basic and as a result, tasty. Nothing about the atmosphere encouraged us to remain for dessert. I think one's money could be spent in a more enjoyable way someplace else.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The old barn feeling, the service and the quality of the food made it a special evening. We had the filet mignon and the New York sirloin and both were delicious. I wanted to try their crab ravioli but they were out. They were attentive to my food allergies and made me feel comfortable. It's a busy restaurant, we went early and got lucky to get a table as even on week nights reservations are a must.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We went to this restaurant for the second time in three months. The whole experience was pretty mediocre. The food was okay, but certainly nothing memorable. The service as fine until the server gave us a check that was over billed by $20. She corrected it, but said she was having a long day. So was I by that time.