“The bacon was great”

Add it.
Wandering Moose
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Bacon with your breakfast!!! Thick, crisp, tasty...very delicious breakfast...also coffee available at all times. Great job!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had the waffle and bacon for breakfast and they were great. Maple syrup and a little butter on the waffle and it was great. It started to get crowded by the time we finished but it was great both days. The staff was really nice.

3  Thank NewYorkJameson
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I don't understand some of the recent reviews but the last time I visited I enjoyed this place. So when my friend booked a room at the Best Western I had to have her try their food. Although the menu was changed from the last time we visited, the experience was almost the same perhaps a bit better. Vicky was our waitress and she was gracious with all of our questions; especially with what beers we should try.

We tried the crab cakes which were excellent, and even the chipotle gave it a nice spicy touch. Vicky convinced me to try the haddock while my friend tried the chicken parm. She is very picky when it comes to chicken parmesan because its her favorite...well you knocked it out of the park! I agree with her although the tomato sauce may need a bit more flavor. As for the haddock it was quite the surprise...the flavor on the fish was astounding, even the garlic in it tasted great. We were able to talk to the chef that night, she was from Mass I think. It was nice to hear her talk about where she worked and how she like to really work with seafood, it shows in her food. We were too full for dessert but if I am ever in the area again with friends I will definetely visit again. Compliments to Vicky and the Chef!

Brunch was different since they don't have the continental buffet anymore but it ended up being pretty good. You got the option to have egg and bacon or sausage. I got an omelette with peppers, cheese, and tomatoes while she got Option B the Waffle. My omelette was exceptional and her waffle was great as well. They still have the Vermont maple syrup, so you get a taste of Vermont.

If you want a great experience I suggest this place for a different taste in food, a good meal, and a great place to stay.

3  Thank lile9240
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place is the worst EVER! We sat down 1/2hr later waitress brings water, doesn't take drink order. I gave order for drinks & food. 15 min later we get watery soup. 30 min later food comes, my daughter's is missing. Still no drinks. Ask for drinks again. 15 min later 4 drinks, my son's is missing. 20 min later last meal comes out -frozen pizza (shouldn't take an hour) salad & applesauce missing. Then last drink comes, a CARTON of choco milk (this took 1+ hour). Waitress brings us bill w/out offering dessert (sunday is included w kids meals). I asked for manager & waitress said she was. I told her I was very unhappy w service & food & she got nasty & had bad attitude. I flipped out! Not even a sincere apology. Seriously worst dinner ever! 3+ hours of heartburn for me. In the end, meal was comped (I wasn't paying anyway) but really STAY AWAY!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went to the Wandering Moose, since the Hen on the Roof was full up. I had a NY steak and substituted sweet potato fries for the mashed and salad for the veggies. They do understand the concept of medium rare. The maple balsamic dressing was highly addictive and I ended up dipping my sweet potato fries and steak in it. Mega yum. My wife had the baked haddock and cleaned her plate. Service was a bit slow but we were in no hurry. Waitress was quite nice. Recommend the white beer.

1  Thank DrSQL