“A pork lovers dream!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Prohibition Pig
Ranked #2 of 35 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Barbecue, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in Waterbury, the food and beverage crossroads, we feature New England's largest & best curated selection of craft beer, proper cocktails, eclectic wines with a full menu featuring barbecue, vegetarian and cozy American fare.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A pork lovers dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This place was awesome! My sister and I shared the pro pig sandwich and the Mac and cheese, both of which I would have again. The pro pig had a great mix of pork burger, bacon and pulled pork. We added bacon to the Mac and cheese and it was yummy, porky, cheesy goodness baked in a skillet with a crunchy topping. Don't be afraid to bring your kids, they are kid friendly and have a kids menu. It is small so be ready for a wait, but it is worth it. And you can enjoy one of the many craft beers on tap or in a bottle while you are waiting.

Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pass the Pig.......NOT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This gem in the wonderful small town Waterbury Vt. is an obvious mix of locals and travelers. It is small and very popular so expect a bit of a wait. Food options are plentiful and a kids menu is available. The Craft Mac and cheese is very good, but if you are like a Bumble and can never say no to a pork dinner then find the Pro Pig in the burger section of the menu and you will find your dream sandwich. I did! There are many craft beers on tap and the bar was hopping. If you are in the Burlington area, do yourself a favor and drop in.

Visited August 2014
Craftsbury, Vermont, United States
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Duck fat frays were soggy, But everything else food and drink was very good!
Very good waiter for how busy the place was.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grand Isle, Vermont
“Sad to say, the second time, not as impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our first visit to the Pig for dinner was wonderful! Our second visit to the Pig, for lunch, not so wonderful.

The menu is different and we were looking forward to a particular item. Not to mention, we follow the Pig on Facebook and were hoping for one of their specialty burgers. They did have some specials, just not any we were interested in. So, we ordered off the regular lunch menu.

I did have a "just a burger" which was just okay. I didn't think it was on a sweet potato bun (it seemed like a cheap burger bun we all purchase for summer cook outs) and the fries were not as good as the first time. Truthfully, I prefer a burger at a brewery in Burlington much more. My suggestion is stick with the barbeque items when you eat here.

We also ordered a staff meal. This salad was AMAZING. I would order it again and suggest it to you as well. This was the highlight to our meals.

Also ordered was a GLT. This sandwich was also disappointing. The G (pig's cheek) was very grizzly and we could not "bite" into the sandwich without pulling it apart. (Perhaps it was all that was left after their busy period was over, read ahead for details)

Now, that said, it was a busy day. We arrived and were told a 30 minute wait. There were tables in the bar so we actually chose that option and sat immediately. The next group of people were told 5-10 minute wait. I guess the staff had different ideas of wait times. However, they were seated nearly immediately. Some people after us also walked out due to the "long wait time". Our order was taken promptly. However, larger groups who were seated after us were served and leaving before we received our meals. After seeing how agitated we were getting at the long wait, the bartender who waited on us finally came over to say the kitchen was slammed all at once and that is why there was a back up with our order. I still think it was lip service since I am experienced in the restaurant business and our order was placed before some people actually sat down let alone ordered, to back up the kitchen. Sometimes it is better to just admit a mistake as to making up an excuse.

Over all it was just disappointing. This is only our second time there so; we will give it another try. This time we will stick to the BBQ items and eat at night as opposed to the lunch time. If nothing else we will be back for the staff meal; I hope that item is kept on the menu forever.

• Visited July 2014
“Succulent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Fabulous gastro pub. Extensive beer selection. We shared Sliced Beef Brisket and Chopped Pork BBQ. These were two of the best BBQ dishes I've ever tasted! Juicy, tasty... Duck fat fries and homemade slaw complemented the sandwiches perfectly. I can't wait to return.

Been to Prohibition Pig? Share your experiences!