“Good restaurant but thought it would be amazing”
Review of Prohibition Pig

Prohibition Pig
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Waterbury, the food and beverage crossroads, we feature New England's largest & best curated selection of craft beer, proper cocktails, eclectic wines with a full menu featuring barbecue, vegetarian and cozy American fare.
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went here with a group of friends hoping this place was what it was all raved out to be. Unfortunately we went there for lunch so they had a different menu than what we saw online. The interior and the atmosphere is dim and very nice. They have a great bar and a nice and huge variety! I like that you could get half sizes to try more! The fried pimento cheese was delicious! My friend had the buffalo wings and said they were really good and she enjoyed the sweet/hot sauce. My boyfriend had the dry rub wings and they were cooked well but they didn't have much of a flavor. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich which was good but I'm used to the sweet barbecue sauce oppose to their options which were tangier. My boyfriend had the special..gang nun style brisket sandwich and he thought they were too salty. Other friends who had the regular brisket thought theirs was good. Overall everyone enjoyed their food, we were just hoping it would be absolutely amazing. The meals came out smaller than other places in VT but it was okay for us since we weren't starving. Service was okay. I like that hey give stickers and postcards with the bills. Down the street from there is a wine store that sells Heddy topper too because we couldn't find it at the beverage store so it was nice to get it there.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We just had lunch here today with friends and we all left hungry. The portions are extremely small and lacking in taste, in addition the prices are too high. We will not
be back!!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This restaurant caters to out of staters and people with money. The food is pretty good but the portions are tiny. They have good beer but the bartenders measure out alcohol for mixed drinks which results in... really bad mixed drinks. The atmosphere is hip but uptight and not very many locals seem to frequent it - which is probably fine with ownership. People seem to love this place though because the wait is often very long. Every time I think about giving it another chance the wait is always ridiculous so I just go to Blue Stone where I feel a lot more comfortable.

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Everything you'd expect from a trendy pub, awesome fresh local food, great decor, and only the best local beer (heady) on draft. The end result comes together perfect!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I'm not in the habit of quoting children's books, but as Charlotte wrote/spun, "SOME PIG." On a recent rained out ski trip, Plan B was to eat and drink our way through the Waterbury-Stowe area. Dinner at Solstice? Ho-hum. Bread from the Harvest Market? Awesome. Dinner at The Hen? Awesome. Lunch at The Pig? Awesome. The burgers and duck fat fries and our daughter's smoked brisket were delicious. The service was great. The accompanying local cult beers from the Alchemist, Lawson's, and Hill Farmstead were fantastic too. Yeah, this isn't haute cuisine; it's pub food...at its finest. We'll be back.