“Where's the Beef?”

Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Waterbury, the food and beverage crossroads, we feature New England's largest & best curated selection of craft beer, proper cocktails, eclectic wines with a full menu featuring barbecue, vegetarian and cozy American fare.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I have eaten there several times and we like the food But...
The serving sizes are skimpy! The prices for food are a little on the expensive side, which is ok because the food is good, but I think they should give you a little more helping for the main dish and more than a small handful of fries would be nice. I'm not a very big person and don't eat that much but I was hungry when I left.

The beer is great. I don't like the fact that instead of selling a pint or a half pint, now they're selling 12 and 13 oz beers. So they don't look so expensive and you'll want two or three instead of one or two. This practice is spreading to a lot of pubs for the simple reason to extract more money out of your wallet!
Cheers

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We visited Waterbury in late October. One restaurant had a wait beyond our comprehension for a small town (it was a Friday night). We wandered over to Prohibition Pig - frankly the name caught our eye and we had heard good things. Immediately they smiled, welcomed us, and suggested we get a drink at the bar (the place was packed - no tables for 45 minutes). We were both interested in trying out some of the local beers, so we agreed. Beers were outstanding - we ordered appetizers. The bar was huge, lit very well, and had everything. The place was noisy, but jovial, friendly, and fun. A high top opened up and we grabbed it for the majority of our dinner. The mac and cheese was amazing - as was anything with pork in it. Our waitress was hilarious and gave excellent suggestions. Prices were very fair, and we left feeling great. Thank you for fitting us in so quickly! Jim

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Went to Prohibition Pig for dinner-very crowded and noisy. More of a bar/pub...definitely not for families with young children. My husband and I ordered a pulled pork dinner and sandwich which were very good, but my son had a pork burger and it had pieces of bone in it. Service was ok. Not a place I would go back to.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

First trip to Vermont and my boyfriend and I discovered this pub. Stopped in for a late lunch. The food was delicious but portions were small. We ordered the pork rinds to start. Wow...absolutely delicious. My boyfriend ordered the chopped pork sandwich and I had the beef brisket sandwich. They were very good but tiny. My boyfriend tried one of the local beers and I had the cheerwine (cherry soda). My soda was kinda flat. Our waitress wasn't very friendly. Overall would probably come back again.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Restaurant was packed, but hostess found a small table for us anyway. Food was delicious. Enjoyed a flight of beer, but it was more expensive than we anticipated. Would return again.