“BBQ Brisket sandwich was so good, went back the next day!”
Review of Prohibition Pig

Prohibition Pig
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in Waterbury, the food and beverage crossroads, we feature New England's largest & best curated selection of craft beer, proper cocktails, eclectic wines with a full menu featuring barbecue, vegetarian and cozy American fare.
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff were friendly and accommodating our 15 month old son. The menu was good and had a nice selection to choose from. Beer list was extensive and food was very tasty, little expensive (well presented) as you just got the Sandwich for $9 but competitive to the rest of Waterbury's restaurants and sides were extra $4. The BBQ brisket was so good we went back for the second day.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

After a full day of driving and nothing to eat we stopped at the Pig for some dinner 8:30 pm on a Wednesday and the wait was over an hour. People were lingering at their tables just hanging out. The hostess was unapologetic but suggested a couple of other places, one if which was pizza and the other, where we ended up, was horrible. We spoke with several other people who had walked out. Business may be good but it could be better. Expand or encourage people to
move along after they eat. My recommendation is don't waste your time.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

There was cracklin' i.e. pork skins for appetizers and they were delicious. There was the pulled pork sandwich with a toasted bun that tasted like it had butter on it, which wasn't a bad idea. The pork was tender, moist and delicious. The coleslaw did not have any mayo in it; it is how it's served in NC.

The different types of sauces on the table were fun to taste. Two are extremely vinegary and not too spicy. One is a lackluster bbq sauce but combined with one of the vinegars it brightens it up a bit. I poured a concoction of that over my bun and pork. Yummers!

They had one local Cider (VT) and it was delicious. Since I am on a kick to try as many local hard ciders as I can, I was not disappointed. The french fries were good, a bit salty but good.

Overall it's a good place. It is a bar but if you get there early enough, you won't have to scream to be heard by your date.

1  Thank Videosoul
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We've been ther on a Saturday night and the place was full with a wait line. Be there soon! and you will love it. The beer selection is large and excellent. Same thing for the spirits and cocktails. Service is friendly and responsive. Food is excellent if you have "bold bar food" as expectations. The ambiance is cosy, friendly and a bit noisy as it should be in a bar.I would suggest the palce and definetely return during my next stay in Stowe/Waterbury!!!

1  Thank madesign1
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was disappointed that The Alchemist was sold out of their Heady Topper beer, but I was delighted that it was available at Prohibition Pig. Yes, Heady Topper is outstanding. The burger was solid, but would have been better at 6oz instead of 4oz. The Carolina BBQ sauce was delicious. I would have bought a bottle to go, but it's not available (yet). The duck fat fries were crispy and delicious but not as ducky as I had hoped. The staff were friendly. The interior is kinda Vermont-y, Beer-y rustic, and it was a great place to end my day and satisfy my appetite and thirst after hiking the nearby Camel's Hump.

1  Thank HumanFamily