“Good food & often has Heady-Topper/ Hill Farmstead”
Review of Prohibition Pig

Prohibition Pig
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Waterbury, the food and beverage crossroads, we feature New England's largest & best curated selection of craft beer, proper cocktails, eclectic wines with a full menu featuring barbecue, vegetarian and cozy American fare.
New Haven, Connecticut
“Good food & often has Heady-Topper/ Hill Farmstead”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've been here twice and it's been good both times. Food is maybe slightly above average on the price side compared to other places we've tried and is pretty good BBQ. They make their own sauces and the staff is very friendly.

Parking is somewhat limited, but we've gone early both times on a weekend and had good luck. Others we've noticed parked in the back of the small bank parking lot across the street. I've only been here for lunch, but it's been family friendly each time. Tables are pretty close together but we've sat in the front window each time and never had a crowding issue.

• Visited January 2013

Chicago
“pigs can fly ...”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Staying at Wilder Farm Inn in Waitsfield for long weekend to ride the Icelandic horses and needed a late lunch on Sunday. Luke the potter and proprietor of the inn suggested this place.

Wow! As a solo traveler i like to sit at the bar so i sat, immediately was offered a menu, a drink and a look at the chalkboard specials. I haven't had liquor in over 6 years (i like the vine) but they offered a brunch Bloody Mary with bacon salt rim and pickled veggies on a stick with a lager chaser on the side. Who could resist? Plus I had the Chix and Bisquit. The best bisquit north of the Mason-Dixon Line ..... maybe I was just hungry, but it was the highlight of my day - after the tolting through the countryside!

Nice tunes, very unique atmosphere and very friendly and attentive waitstaff.

Visited September 2012
Boston
“Yummy bbq, amazing craft beer list, and fun vibe”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stumbled upon Prohibition Pig while in search of a restaurant with good craft beers near Stowe, and we were not disappointed! Fantastic beer list (featuring Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Etc.) + great food (beef brisket was particularly good, mac & cheese was a close second), and the general vibe of the place is casual but hip and it just feels fun. Will definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
Vienna, Austria
“Excellent for drinks... and pork rinds!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went with friends for post-dinner drinks and loved it! We had to try the pork rinds and we were not disappointed. We will definitely go back and have lunch there the next time we are in the area.

Visited March 2013
Morristown, New Jersey
“Lost in town, googled this place on TripAdv- THANK GOD”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I am a foodie, i have been fortunate enough via my job to eat at spectacular restaurants across the US. Of all the places - this place was in my Top 5. Maybe it was the happenstance that jaded me, looking up a place on Trip Advisor and mapquesting the directions during a snowstorm in Vermont on a ski vacation, but wow. The atmosphere was awesome, the food increcible, the collard greens amazing, the desserts crazy good. This is food I just can NOT find anywhere else. SO so good, everyone loved everything and sadly we have become jaded diners eating out almost 70% of the time, so we arent impressed easily - but the bbq was great - the mustard is a must have thats the best mustard I have ever ever had (and i love stone ground and whole seed mustards) This place was so good that if I decide to ski in Vermont again, it will be at Stowe, not killington.

• Visited March 2013