“Wonderful staff”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Waterbury
Hebron, Ct
“Wonderful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Booked a stay to do some skiing and college visits. Clean and attractive room. Incredibly friendly/helpful staff...wonderful to deal with. Wish we had known about the fridge hiddend in the cabinetry the first night (and that it had directions on how to turn it on/make colder). Also wish they had a two queen option (vs 2 double) at a reasonable rate. Other than that, not a single complaint!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Melissa M, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterbury - Stowe, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind response. We are looking into offering more rooms with two queen beds, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Maybe it's been awhile since I have stayed in a Best Western but this hotel is very nice. We stayed in a suite as we were traveling as a family and the room was wonderful. Extremely clean (and I am picky) and comfortable. The pool house was fabulous and not over chlorinated, in perfect shape. The staff was helpful, informative and friendly.
We wished that we were staying more than one night, and we will definitly be back when we come to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite, room 109. If you are staying here on a weekday... specifically if you are goin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Orwell, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this Motel. It was amazing to say the least. The rooms were clean. Every employee was friendly. The front desk staff went above and beyond.There was a young man at the desk I believe his name was Matthew , that was one of the friendliest people I have ever come across while traveling. The other young man working that night was very nice as well. The morning of checkout I needed to have an emergency fax come through. The woman was so very helpful. I can't even begin to wonder at the negative comments..this place rocks!! The breakfast was great as well as the dinner we ordered our second night. The pool and area surrounding were immaculate. Please don't hesitate booking here!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melissa M, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterbury - Stowe, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Our staff takes great pride in serving you and it is nice to hear we are doing a good job! Please come again!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

In all of the hotels I have stayed, the Best Western @ Waterbury/Stowe is by far the best. The room was wonderfully clean and all of the staff were helpful and knowledgable. I have never seen a pool be more clean. The deluxe room was wonderful and it felt like a home away from home. This is where we will stay in the future whenever we visit The Stowe area of Vermont. The complimentary continental breakfast was great and the location of the hotel was simply magnificent!

Room Tip: Mountain view is nice. Also deluxe room is choice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels, motels and condos near ski areas over the years. I would have to rate this Best Western as average compared to the others I have stayed at. It was clean and well maintained, but as one could expect in similar lodging, the furniture and fixtures were a bit tired. The exception being the bed. If I had to guess, the beds here are relatively new. Also, the facade didn't really match the early 80's interior hallways of the motel. The lobby was renovated nicely but the hallway didn't see the same attention. Breakfast was provided...typical Belgian waffle, cold cereal, and bread quasi Continental Breakfast. Mini Keurig brewers in the rooms...what a shock, Green Mountain Coffee is headquartered in Waterbury. K Cups they were a plenty. My final nod to this motel is location. Very convenient to VT Route 100, I-89 and the main downtown area of Waterbury with fine eating and drinking establishments. Also, across the road from a Shaw's grocery store. For price and area, you will be hard pressed to find better.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a Salesforce.com consultant and the Waterbury Bestwestern has been my "home base" away from home since January 2013. I have read some of the reviews below and I have to say my experience has been different. This review is based on several stays since Jan. 2013.

The Front Desk staff is great and friendly to talk to and always take care of me quickly. When chatting with the staff when a new person walks in the front desk staff excuses themselves and takes care of the new customer. I give a shout out to Matt, Pia, Casey, Donna, and Lori; all of you do a great job!

Vicki works in the cafe in the morning and does a great job in making sure that everyone finds and has what they need. She also makes a great omlette. I appreciate the service she provides.

As for the cleaning staff, my room has always been clean and neat. During one of my trips the Front Desk notified me that House Keeping found an item in my room and was holding it for me. When I got in touch with House Keeping they had found a Levenger folio I had left behing. I did not realize that I misplaced it. I was very happy to have it back and grateful for an honest staff that was concerned about thier customers.

The great room and fireplace is inviting and relaxing. The pool and hot tub are enjoyable. I even managed to use the workout room and was happy with what it had to offer. I even have stayed with my family and it was alot of fun and very convenient to all of the local attractions.

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family as a great place to stay. If you do have a problem talk to the Front Desk. They told me that they cannot help people if they do not know about the problem - they care and want to make it the best experience for their customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe
Green Mountain Inn
Green Mountain Inn
#1 of 24 in Stowe
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,765 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Waterbury - Stowe? Share your experiences!