“Consistently wonderful”

Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Waterbury
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We were planning a trip up to Vermont to the Stowe area and remembered this hotel fondly from a weekend stay in 2009. It is still as great and convenient as we remembered it.
It is less than a mile to the Ben and Jerry's factory and very close to other attractions we enjoyed (a cider mill, downtown Stowe, etc). Service was quick and efficient, rooms were clean and quaint. The lobby has a really nice fireplace. We enjoyed the breakfast offered and particularly the make-your-own waffles.
We were lucky enough to visit in time for Stowe's Oktoberfest. The next couple of weeks should be spectacular up at the BW with the foliage, the hotel is located up on a hill and will probably provide great visibility of the changing colors.
I would highly recommend this hotel and it will be our hotel of choice next time we make it up to Vermont.

Room Tip: There isn't an elevator, so if you can't take the stairs ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Minka_86
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe

Reviewed September 15, 2011

After a long days drive from Ontario we were delighted to arrive in our pre booked room at the Waterbury Best Western. Check in was extremely efficient and the room very spacious. Our room had both a fridge and microwave. Our room was on the main level so it was a breeze to unload the luggage. The room was clean and the grounds very pretty. We enjoyed a cocktail on a lovely bench overlooking the valley. The indoor pool has a lovely patio adjacent which looked nice although with school holiday very busy. Grocery store was handy and the room was so nice we ate dinner in.
Bought lovely wine and cheese at the Cabot Factory. Delicious! The bed a Simmons I believe was the best sleep I had had in months. Would love to buy one of those!!!!! Nice and quiet location.
Would definitely return for another respite.

Room Tip: Always be sure to ask for fridge and microwave if you need. And always ask re elevator if they have...
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I really like this place. Close to all the attractions. Looked forward to returning to the room after a long day of shopping and eating all the Vermont goodies. We had a huge suite with a tremendous fireplace in the bedroom area. The bathroom was also huge and nicely appointed. Suite also had a microwave, mini-fride and Keurig machine. Staff was also very helpful and accomodating. Restaurant on site was good. Felt like a got a really good bang for my buck.

Room Tip: Spend a little more and get a suite on the main floor.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed at the Waterbury Best Western four days after Irene dumped 11 inches of rain in Vermont. We had planned the trip to meet with family in Warren several weeks before the storm, and after calling the hotel and checking the DOT website we decided to keep to our plans. We found the hotel high on a hill about 3/4 mile from downtown where all the flooding occurred, so there was no problem with the hotel We were given a very nice "suite" room though I had not reserved it as such. A queen bed that didn't look queen-size but was very comfortable for sleeping. We had a large area with big table for working, large flatscreen (37" I think) and two big easy chairs. It was very quiet and we had a pleasant two-night stay. The bathroom had a new Keurig coffeemaker with several cups supplied, a very nice touch. There was a free continental breakfast that had more than you usually see for that label. We did not get to eat in the restaurant for dinner so can't comment on that. There was a nice large indoor pool we used at night, thought the chlorine was rather strong if you opened your eyes underwater. The exercise room was well stocked though we didn't use the equipment. One major drawback for some is the fact that there was no elevator to the second floor where we stayed. It was a little hassle to carry a large suitcase up and down the stairs. Staff was pleasant to deal with. One last minor drawback. The approach to the hotel is a VERY steep incline off of RT 100. And its all hilly there, so riding a bike as I did really left only one direction to go in, but after six miles of riding there was no way I could climb that hill--it was a challenge to even walk with the bike. Lastly, we thought it was a little pricey, even as nice as it was. But maybe we shouldn't have been surprise, as Vermont is not cheap.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I was very dissapointed in this hotel.

Check in was like half hour long and I have to drag my luggague to the 2nd floor since this hotel have no elevator(Yes, A big hotel with no elevator!).
The room reeked of smoke when I walk in and when I asked the front desk why I was placed in a smoking room despite having booked non-smoking, the manager lie straight in front and told me that all the rooms is non-smoking and that the smell may be from the new carpet they installed. She then gave me a can of lysol to get rid of the smell which didn't help it all.
I was particularly upset about this because I was traveling with two small children.
Like the other reviewer puts it, it's the only hotel in the area but if I have know that the front desk manager is so dishonest, I'd rather drive to a different area to stay.

2  Thank gman00778
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great hotel, little unusal directions to it, but it's great. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The hotel restaurant was fantastic. We don't usually eat in the hotels. We met the chef in the hallway and asked what was good. The strip steak was cooked perfectly, my shrimp scampi was...heavenly. Beers on tap were locals (we love that). The staff in the restaurant at night were so enjoyable.

Room Tip: 1st floor is best as you can just move it. No sounds from the road below, we slept great
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

My wife and I just returned from our trip to Vermont. It was a "spur of the moment" trip, so no reservations were made. After stopping in Putney (Basketville) and Rockingham (Vermont Country Store), we decided to head up Rte 89 to Waterbury, VT, the home of Ben and Jerry's IceCream. We have had a good experience in the past with Best Western, so we decided to stay at the Best Western in Waterbury/Stowe. The place is beautiful. Perched on a hill overlooking the mountains, the Best Western could not have been situated better. We were able to get a room with 2 double beds, a refrigerator/microwave and a continental breakfast for $127 (with 10% AAA discount). The hotel has a covered bridge on the property, as well as an indoor pool/fitness center and lounge. There is a restaurant on site, but I would look elsewhere for a meal...$17 for fried chicken dinner! I definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly go back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe
#5 of 24 in Stowe
Green Mountain Inn
Green Mountain Inn
#1 of 24 in Stowe

Been to Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe? Share your experiences!