“One of my favorite places!”

Cork Wine Bar & Market
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Bar, Wine Bar, European, Spanish, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Waterbury's natural wine bar & retail shop. Wines by the glass or bottle, $4 local draft beers, small plates. Cork provides a relaxed atmosphere, with local fare, eclectic wines, live music, and wine tastings. Oysters shucked to order every Wednesday. Private parties available.
Richmond, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favorite places!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I love everything about this place - the wine is a nice pour, the staff is knowledgeable and friendly but not pushy, the space itself is beautiful and comfortable. I held my wedding reception here (we had a small, 30 person wedding) and they couldn't have been easier to work with. My friends and family still talk about how good the food and wine were! It's worth making the trip to Waterbury just to come to Cork!

• Visited October 2013
Danielle N, Owner at Cork Wine Bar & Market, responded to this review, January 13, 2017
We are so glad you love Cork and hope you've had a chance to check out our new location at 40 Foundry Street. It's really lovely!

Belize
“Great ambiance!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I love places like this. Great ambiance makes a glass of wine and a cheese board shared with a loved one taste even much better.

If you are in the Waterbury area and feel like a glass or bottle of wine, Cork is the place to stop by. My wife and I look forward to returning.

Keep up the good work.

• Visited June 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We hope you have been to visit again and if you haven't been lately, come check out our new location at 40 Foundry Street.
Chicago
“unique and inviting wine bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just traveling on Route 2 south to Waitsfield and needed a late afternoon break. Being a lover of all things wine, I parked and browsed the antique shop then crossed the street to this place. Broad porch, sleek modern interior with bare brick walls, cozy lounging area in front, hightop tables and bar and a wonderful selection of wines and cheese. They offered a small menu so I opted for the hummus tray. More than enough for one but I consumed it along with a $13 a bottle red from Western Australia that was superb! Nice Latin music and a very warm vibe from the waitstaff.

• Visited September 2012
Glad to hear you had such a nice experience. We hope you've been back recently and had a chance to check out our new location at 40 Foundry Street. Everyone is really enjoying it.
Berlin, Connecticut
“Pleasant surprise... pleasant visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently stopped into the Cork Wine Bar & Market as part of a covert operation. The Internet had revelaed to us that this establishment was a purveyor of Alchemist's Heady Topper Beer... and our mission was to ascertain acquisition. We were successful! We sampled some wines, relaxed at the Wine Bar under the auspices of the owner... "Danielle", who was a gracious hostess and guided us to a couple of wonderful glasses of wine. We did not sample any cuisine, but observed some nice lighter fare dishes being prepared. Unique, warm ambiance, lovely setting. Very nice selection of wines for purchase. We will make this a future weigh station on our frequent to and fro sojourns to Burlington. As Danielle pointed out... this establishment is also popular to stop at with friends for a cocktail prior to, or after a local restaurant evening at such favorites as the Prohibition Pig or The Hen of the Wood. Stop in... say hi to Danielle, and treat yourself to one of life's little pleasures... aren't you worth it?

• Visited March 2013
Although I am not typically behind the bar these days, we have a great staff at our new location in Waterbury at 40 Foundry Street. I hope you can come check it out!
London, UK
“Great vibe here....good wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I think the waitress was trying to pick me up...or was she just working for the tip? Hard to tell but we were a raucous party of 6 and we loved this place for a festive vino before dinner. And , as I said, very friendly service....

Visited December 2012
Great to hear you had such a good time. Hope you've had a chance to join us again!