“Trippy Beer!”
Review of The Alchemist Brewery - CLOSED

The Alchemist Brewery
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alchemist Brewery is our new 15 barrel, small production brewery specializing in fresh, unfiltered IPAs. We are currently focused on brewing one beer perfectly: Heady Topper, our flagship Double IPA.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This beer is is extremely good and they obviously take tremendous pride in their product. A trip to the brewery is worth it- you can sample the product right there and pick up a limited supply. They almost always sell out by noon on Fridays so call ahead if you are headed there on the weekend to be sure they have product ( or check their Facebook page where they update the supply).

The taste is really hoppy and they recommend you drink it straight from the can so you can experience the max hop. Its 8% alcohol, too ...so...beware.

1  Thank avidindoorsman
"breweries"
in 3 reviews
"stowe"

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I must say I was looking forward to going here and getting some beer. Some of my friends at home said it was the best.
I have no clue how they know this because I was in the area for 4 days and searched 5 or 6 places it is sold and the brewery and was not even able to buy 1 can. If you like disappointment go here. If not just get something else and have a good time instead of wasting your time.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm not usually a double IPA fan but the Heady Topper is fantastic. And the fact that it's in a can adds to it's novelty. Great place to just stop by for a quick tasting or to purchase beer (though, they were out of beer to sell!). So sad to hear about the closure of the pub due to the flooding from Tropical Storm Irene. But in it's place opened Prohibition Pig which has been great!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Heady Topper Double IPA is not my style of beer, but my husband enjoyed the taste. We read the information about the brewing process and looked at the production room, but there wasn't much more to it than that. I thought the tasting would cost something, but it didn't. It was a good short stop to see what their beer tasted like-and it was interesting to read why they only sell it in cans ;)

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I could only spend a few minutes here because I was the only one in the family interested in this brewery. The Heady Topper is the talk of my social group as the ultimate try. Seasoned beer drinkers tend to like I.P.A.'s for the hops, and this one is double brewed and is full of hops. It comes in cans or bottles. I like the cans. You may purchase a 4 pack of either.

There is a tasting...of course, only of one beer. Clean, hoppy and smooth. The brewery can't meet demand and is only available there and in some stores in Northern VT. The woman at the tasting said they only had 50 cases left to sell. At times you are limited to how many you may buy.

I bought two 4 packs of canned beer. I will hand it to only those friends who are "Heady Topper" worthy as it is pricey. Had one can last night shared with my boyfriend. He's not into the hops, but he thought it was interesting and had more than a few sips. I loved it.

$13 for a 4 pack of cans.