“Local spot with great food & service”

Juniper's Fare Catering and Cafe
Ranked #21 of 37 Restaurants in Waterbury
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 5, 2012

What a cute local restaurant, diner style! When we asked in town where we could great food with a healthy twist, Juniper's was recommended and we weren't disappointed. The service was personable and excellent. Dishes to choose were suggested and customized to our taste and needs - yes, try both soups together! Especially if one is their tomato soup! "What doesn't mix with tomato soup?!"
Mango curry chicken salad - yum, and a good mix of more eclectic with traditional fare. Check their hours for best choices. We went between lunch and dinner and only a few choices weren't available, though.

There are newer reviews for Juniper's Fare Catering and Cafe

Reviewed August 25, 2012

While rambling around Waterbury, we stumbled upon Juniper's Fare. By appearance, I had some doubts until our food arrived. Albeit, we just had sandwiches, but what a symphony of flavor, and so fresh! We returned on our way back to MA for breakfast. Again we were not disappointed. Breakfast is hearty, but light at the same time. The staff is very congenial. I was impressed to learn that is is operated by missionaries whose profits go to a Kenyan mission. In fact, some of the Kenyan's crafts are on display for purchasing. Having such delicious food would be enough to make me return during next year's vacation in VT, but knowing that the profit's go to a worthy cause seals my determination to get back there.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ordered a veggie buge fixed like their special today,the Surhwestern Buger with corn salsa avocado on a Pannini was more than I could eat took the rest to go! Love the roasted tomatoe dressing for the super fresh salad ! No disappointment here!!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The other reviewers were on the mark, but missed a major componet of Juniper's Fare: the proceeds aid children in Kenya. This church-run restaurant has fresh local ingrediants, delicious meals-- plenty of bang for the buck--and helps others in need.
We would come back just for the food--the lunch sandwiches were delectible and filling; the breakfast hash included peppers and onions--yum. Coffee could be dark roast or breakfast blend--the dark roast is great. Add the help this restaurant gives to people in need, and it's a must stop.
Think of it this way--you get great food and a reasonable price and a chance to do some good--a true win-win. After all, how many other places allow one to be selfish--I pampered myself and others at a reasonable cost --and selfless, look at the good I"m\we're doing--at the same time?

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I love this place. The service is wonderful - Angela in particular. Every time we asked about modifying something ("could we have half of that sandwich and half of that salad?") that response was always "I don't see why not.". Everything we ordered was delicious - Havarti Marty sandwich, spinach salad, chicken quesadilla, sweet potato fries, shrimp dill salad special, blueberry/peach pie. And the atmosphere was nice as well. Will try to get back here as often as possible. Martin Smith is the chef. Try to talk to him or any of the employees about the mission of the organization and the food will taste even better!