“Good Breakfast, Diner Style”
Review of Maxi's Restaurant

Maxi's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Waterbury
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Always enjoyable - extensive menu, good coffee and something to please everyone. Good omlettes, corned beef hash and french toast with real maple syrup. Plenty of packaged jellies to choose from for toast.... they get the detail. Coffee refills happen without asking!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Best place in Waterbury to get home cooked meals! Staff was extremely pleasant and the restaurant was very clean.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Food great, service slow....great room. It was a surprise, almost drove by. Instead we had a slow , fantastic morning breakfast with a few bloody Mary's too

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Yes I would have to agree the service is very slow and could be much better. We ate sat at an outside table where the waitress was just gabbing with the people next to us. She went back inside and didn't return to us for a good 10 minutes or so. Finally when we ordered breakfast it was 20 minutes later my wife went inside and asked where our breakfast was. The waitress apologized and said that she had lost our ticket and she was just now putting in our order. My wife couldn't believe it because there were no customers inside at all. How can you loose an order she asked me, when there's only 4 people in the whole place and 2 of them already have there food????
But I had to give it a very good rating because the breakfast was really good. We have eaten here a couple of times and have learned to get past the slow service and incompetent help.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I can't give a review for one simple reason. I came here for breakfast one morning. It was not very busy at all, but from what I saw there was only one waitress. I waited exactly 12 minutes after sitting down and nobody ever came to my table to even give me a menu or offer me coffee, so I got up and left. I have heard similar stories of terrible service from other people I know that live in town. This is a shame as Maxi's is one of only three breakfast options in Waterbury