“Just an OK place”

Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Waterbury
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The food was OK but pricey. My wife had soup and salad. I don't even remember what I had. It was that forgettable.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

The food was great and the server kind. A great stop to eat after a day of travel.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The restaurant itself is cute and charming but there was a problem with flies. It was obvious my food had been put in the microwave. It was pretty disappointing. And the fly problem really grossed me out. I overheard a server ask another customer if they needed anything else and the man replied, " A fly swatter".

1  Thank Alyssa G
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The service was excellent, the friendliest waitress you could ever ask for but.....the food...not so good. I have tried twice to eat their dinners and was very disappointed... the fish n chips came out dripping in grease.... it slid right off the lettuce leaf that it came out on.....the cole slaw was soupy and tasteless and the "apple pie" was raw....the apples were still crunchy and the crust was pale and undercooked. The prior visit consisted of the rib dinner.....the barbeque sauce gave me heartburn for days due to the massive amount of "smoke" used. It seemed like they used bottled smoke in the recipe? Anyway, I can think of better places to grab a nice dinner....I have heard they have a great breakfast but I would not recommend this establishment for dinner time.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband, daughter (3) and I went for an evening meal at Maxi's and were delighted with everything.

We all really enjoyed our meals. Service was good and informal. We felt comfortable, welcome and certainly well fed.