“Great coffee and good service”

Green Mountain Coffee Cafe & Visitor Center
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Waterbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: From local residents to tourists, the Green Mountain Coffee(R) Cafe and Visitor welcomes all guests to the Historic Waterbury Train Station. After a complete refresh of the interior in the summer of 2016, the landmark uniquely celebrates Green Mountain Coffee and the great state of Vermont. Adorned with photography taken by employees during the company's annual Employee Source Trips to coffee growing regions, visitors are invited to wander through the rich, 35-year history of Green Mountain Coffee(R), take part in hands-on education about specialty coffee and the roasters' award-winning coffees, and enjoy one of the staff's coffee creations in the lounge, from artfully pulled espresso to decadent Pecan Pie Supreme. The Cafe is also the only retail store where visitors can find rare Green Mountain Coffee(R) blends like Tanzanian Gombe Reserve, and also mix-and-match their own variety packs from 48 different Green Mountain Coffee(R) K-Cup(R) pod varieties in the Keurig(R) Singles kiosk.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff helped us assemble a gift basket of GMCR products for our daughter-in-law. We left with tasty lattes and even more admiration for a great coffee company.

1  Thank okienohio
There are newer reviews for Green Mountain Coffee Cafe & Visitor Center

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very nice stop at an old train station. I think I would have loved visiting because I love the coffee. But it wasn't easy to find, the directions were not very good and we arrived at 5:00 and it was locked and no one was there. So ask for directions and go early, they close at 5:00 sharp! :-(

1  Thank Brroom
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Had a nice time here at Green Mountain Coffee. I am a Dunkin fan myself so I wasn't sure how I would feel about our visit (it felt like cheating on DD). We walked in through the visitor's center and a really nice lady gave us all kinds of information about the area. We got a free coupon book which we really did use ~ there were coupons for Cabot, Cold Hollow, Ben and Jerry's ~ it was very useful.

I took a silly personality quiz to see which coffee would fit my personality. It came up with "Kenya Highland Cooperative", among others. So - I bought a pound and found I really like it! The ladies in the coffee shop were accommodating and willing to let you try any of the day's brews. We sat at a table outside and just enjoyed the day.

I wouldn't make this a destination, but if you are in Waterbury at the other attractions, and you happen to enjoy good coffee, you should make a stop!

1  Thank Kramberry
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice stop at old Train station. Staff gave us a free area coupon book that we used to get free chocolate, free apple donut, and
free local wine tasting in the Waterbury area. Thanks.

1  Thank TIM B
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was very disappointed with the fact that the coffee selection for bags of coffee was very limited and expensive when compared to local grocery stores across the New England area. They are obviously pushing the K-Cups much more than anything else.