“Good Food, Beer Sizes misleading.”

The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Burlington, Vermont
“Good Food, Beer Sizes misleading.”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant for many years. Good atmosphere, generally good service and reasonable prices. One criticism however is the beer pours. On multiple occasions I have noticed that draft beer is served in less ounces than indicated on the menu. I ordered the Hill stead Blonde stated as 16oz in the menu. The glass was clearly marked 40cl. 40cl is 13.5oz. The second beer I ordered was also stated as a 16oz pour and was served in a mason jar clearly marked with lines, the beer was just above the 12oz indicator. We mentioned it to the waitress and she really didn't do anything about it. These are premium beers at premium prices and it is too bad that they are misleading customers. Advice to the owners. If you want to use these glasses then indicate on the menu the correct ounces.

• Visited June 2014
alkalinetrio, Owner at The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and hopefully I can help explain the issue you are having with the way we label our beer sizes. I can assure you we are not trying to short our customers and value ourselves on pricing our food and drink at prices that are competitive and fair. We also include the sales tax in our prices, a trend most restaurants are abandoning. So our prices include the 10% tax other businesses would add to their stated price. We label our pours as the glass size. The standard US pint (not the thick bottomed 14oz glasses some resturants are now using) are 16 ounces to the brim. Our mason jars are same size (actually about half an ounce larger in capacity). Both your standard US pint glass and our mason jars are filled almost to the top and we aim for a foam head about a finger thick to bring out the aromatic properties of the beers we pour. Same goes for the Hill glass, it's about the same amount of visible beer with a head that should go to the top of the 16oz glass. Foam is 25-50% beer. So a 16oz pint or mason jar or hill glass will be around 13.5-14.5 of visible pour with a foam head that adds additional ounces. Most restaurants will label their pours in the exact same way we do.

I do apologize that our staff did not address your concerns that day, we have discussed this with our staff and reminded them that any feedback or concerns should be taken seriously and any and all attempts to make customers leave happy should be taken.

Hopefully that helped answer your concerns. If you have any additional feedback please email me at mark@waterburyreservoir or give the restaurant a call and ask for Mark, Chad or Jesse.

home
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Four of us ate here on s Sunday night. It was pretty busy and service a just a bit on the slow side but not bad. Our waiter was quite friendly. As other reviewers have stated, the beer is great. If you can make a single selection, try a "flight" of four. The food is better than typical bar burgers with several entrees quite good. I also agree with another reviewer about the front stairs. My wife has a difficult time climbing stairs and these were a challange. I don't blame the restaurant and they have addressed this concern.

Waterbury, Vermont
“Incredible Beer List”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We always check out thr Res when in Waterbury. Most recent visit, their list was loaded. Hill Farmstead, Lawsons, Alchemist, and Allagash were highlights. We only had snacks, so can't really comment on the dinners.

Visited June 2014
Waitsfield, Vermont
“Just Wingin' It”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Saturday nite and a craving for wings in Central VT? No place better to go.(or any nite of the week for that matter) Great beer selection. One of our shorts t-shirt and taking the convertible out for a cruise places to eat.

Warren, Vermont
“Great Pub Food, Beer List and Service, Excellent!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went during the week with my Daughter for my first time, my daughter has eaten there before. We split wings and Poutine to start, both great, wings were "fall off the bone" perfect. The Poutine was authentic, it had cheese curds, not melted cheddar, and a very nice gravy. My daughter had the Burger, great presentation, and was delicious. I had the Flatiron Steak, it was on a bed of fingerlings and asparagus, topped with Shrimp, and a wonderful sauce, most importantly, cooked exactly how I asked! Beer list is very solid, I had a Hill Farmstead, my daughter had a hard cider. The manager also showed us their new events room, very classy, great for a party/ rehearsal dinner. Price point, was all spot on, great value! I am in the restaurant business, and I will be returning to the Rez on my off evenings!
Cheers Reservoir!