“One of the top 10 meals of this decade.”

The Reservoir - Restaurant and Tap Room
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013

At 8:00PM my choices this past Sunday night were limited as it seems most everything in Barre or Montpelier close in time for Shameless on SHO or Girls on HBO so the choices were down to Applebee's in Berlin or to take a 15 minute drive to The Reservoir in Waterbury. I chose the latter and will be thinking about the Salmon I had for a very very long time.

I'm currently on a Paleo diet so need to limit bad carbs. Tonight my carbs were going to be craft beers thus, looking at the impressive menu, Like a deer in headlights the Salmon in Red Curry Sauce screamed eat me. Changing up the basmati rice for sauteed spinach was not an issue for Jessee who even asked me how I liked the salmon cooked. Truly professional.

He also helped me to select from the 38 Drafts, Being that I had to drive 15 miles back to the hotel after this I decided to try their sampler which includes 4 5oz pours for $6 which would be impossible to find back home. Most places do 4 smaller pours for $10. On tap is a great selection of drafts and at Jessee's suggestion tried the Hill Farmstead and Fiddlehead's both of which were awesome. The two I selected were good but the Hill farmstead is genius.

The salmon was perfectly prepared along with Spinach sauteed with garlic and Asparagus. This was the best and generally a healthier choice too. I have to say I was not only impressed with the service but the place is really nice with the bar smartly in the back so dinner patrons are segregated from the bar area so its actually a quieter place to have a great meal and head to the bar after dinner.

The area appears to have some other really nice looking restaurants including Prohibition Pig and a really nice main street. I will be returning and next time staying within much closer distance. I have to say thank you to both Jessee and to the rest of the staff (including the very cute waitresses) as I was eating late on a Sunday I had the honor of meeting.

In my opinion from someone who has been to many this is one of the best craft beer restaurants I have been to throughout the USA. It is the Hill Farmstead or Alchemist of the restaurant space.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wow - a beer list to die for! All the food is great too! You can tell by the fact that there is usually an hour wait on the weekends. Be sure to be done eating by 10 PM on a Saturday night when they have live, LOUD, music and the "club" crowd starts pouring in.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Our burgers from here were amazing! Perfectly prepared and so delicious! Chelsea was our server and she was awesome. She recommended some places to see on our trip and what to have for dessert!
We will definitely eat here again!!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Was lucky enough to get the best table overlooking the village while we had appetizers and beer!!! Good service & food, looking forward to returning for more beer and dinner!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family decided to take a ride up to Waterbury after a day of skiing in Sugarbush. My daughters picked the Reservior for our place to eat. The place is an all around great stop. An awesome and VERY EASY to read beer menu. Excellent choices on the menu of both simple for kids and alittle more exotic for adults. I had the Venison pot pie. Once it finally cooled off, it great. The decor is very clean and "pub like". The best part of the evening was our waitress Chelsea. She was alot of fun. I asked her to pick my beer for me and she took on the challenge even though she was risking her tip on the wrong choice. Let's just say, she got a very nice tip!!! We will definitely stop in again when we pass through Waterbury.