“Great food, Friendly service even though a little bit on the pricey side”
Review of Arvads - CLOSED

Arvads
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The service at Arvads Grill was very friendly and relaxed, it was a little pricey for what you got but the pulled pork sandwich and pumpkin beer was very tasty. Well worth trying out.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was very impressed with this restaurant. It had a casual bar environment with amazing gourmet food. I enjoyed a wonderful fish dinner with Vermont cheddar mashed potatoes. Also, we had spent the week in Quebec and I was impressed to learn that our waiter Matthew also spoke French. He was one of the best waiters I have ever had. He really understands the concept of customer service. I was with my three daughters and they also enjoyed their meals. I have travelled all over the globe and this was a great restaurant with wonderful service. We will definitely return in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stopped here for lunch while in Waterbury. Was seated fast and the service was good, free wifi, just ask for their password. Food was ok, the pumpkin soup was really good but could have been hotter. The bread for their sandwiches was great. Overall was a good experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Cozy in downtown Waterbury. Outside seating available with heaters...we elected to eat inside. Please try the Jalpeno Mac & Cheese...it is the BEST!!! Great burgers as well.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I were passing thru the area and decided to stop at Arvad's for dinner. We loved the atmosphere and the waitress was attentive, no complaints. Walking in we noticed their specials written on a blackboard and my husband decided to order the special Penne with Kielbasa sausage. I ordered their Santa Fe salad which was big and delicious. I also ordered a Lemon Cello martini with vodka but it was made with gin...oh well, no big deal. Our big surprise of the night was when we received our bill. The special was $18.99! Yikes! A normal size plate of penne with chopped kielbasa...really? No salad, no roll. We questioned the waitress and she said that was the correct special price, we asked why so high and she said it was organic. Lesson learned. Don't be like a sucker like us...if you decide to dine there...ask about their "specials" and definitely ask about their special prices. The penne special was not worth $18.99. Rip off in that aspect.

1  Thank ccc1055