“Place I take all folks who visit”
Review of Ben & Jerry's

and up
Taste of Vermont Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: For all the euphoric flavors you can't get enough of – especially the ones you can't get in ordinary stores – nobody scoops Ben & Jerry's better than we do at our scoop shops.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

What is there to say - how can you visit Vermont and not stop at the Ben & Jerry's Factory. Quirky and fun. Take the tour, enjoy your sample and then get a big ole cone before you go.

1  Thank S K
There are newer reviews for Ben & Jerry's

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Not knowing anything about Ben and Jerry's (we are from Qld, Australia) this attraction was very informative and well run. Free taste at the end was appreciated and made up for the nominal entry fee. It it easy to get to, has lots of parking, Full ice cream shop also which was popular plus B & J novelties. Very quick informative visit, tours run half hourly on the day we were there.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

They were not making ice cream when we did our tour. sort of disappointing to look at a sterile, no activity factory.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

As a fan of the ice cream I mistakenly thought that the company would put as much into the factory as they do with their products. How wrong was I? It was a Sunday and thje assembly line was closed. it was raining so people with little to decided to go to B & Js factory so there were lots there.
Having made the effort and taken a detour to get there-----------did I say it was raining??? I expected something to remember , at least. It`s just a factory, fairly small, no communal sitting areas( in fact no sitting areas at all.) So if you get ther and there are lots of locals there then you could have a wait of 45 minutes(as we did.)
The big moment arrived and the 3.45 group were called up by a young girl with the presence of a satsuma and a voice to match. for half an hour she made the process of ice cream making even more dreary than the weather! Don`t worry said my wife you can get your free samples now. I couldn`t wait. I was speculating upon just how many flavours we would be able to sample ---6--10 maybe even more?????????????Then I started to be concerned about the hygiene issues that might arise????? I need not have bothered, we were presented with ONE container ( the paper type that you get with ketchup in.) The equivalent of a medium sized spoonful and then it was gone.......in 10 seconds. What a disappointment!!!!!!! But wait you can go and queue up to buy some cones of any flavour if your willing to spend between 6 and 15 dollars.
They had butter pecan, my favourite, it was great and I loved it. Thank you Ben & Jerry you just almost made my day.

1  Thank johnpfoley
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We decided to do this as my husband and I were visiting the Stowe area. It was 4.00 a piece for the tour. It seems as if they run tours every 10 minutes. The tours last approx 20-25 min. It started with a six minute video on Ben and Jerry and the history of the company. We then went to the production room and was able to see how the ice cream is actually made (no pictures allowed here). We then went to the flavor room where we were able to sample the ice cream. I have to say this was my first time actually tasting their ice cream and it is very good. It's a basic tour, nothing exciting, but very informative. I have a lot more respect for Ben and Jerry and want to eat their ice cream more after going on the tour! However corny at times, I would recommend this tour. It would also be great for kids

1  Thank Melisx33

Been to Ben & Jerry's? Share your experiences!