“Wonderful Hospitality”

West Hill House B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Warren B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed with Peter and Susan during the Memorial Day weekend 2013. This was our first bed and breakfast experience and also our first time in Vermont. Peter and Susan welcomed us with open arms and advised us of the best places to visit during our stay. Breakfast was filled with Susan's wonderful cooking and enlightening conversation with our hosts and fellow guests. Our room was clean and felt like we were staying at home; we stayed in the Garden Room. The whole property was beautiful and well kept. Oh... there are warm coffee mugs available for coffee or tea anytime of the day or night. Despite the rain that was with us during our stay, we felt the warmth of Peter and Susan's hospitality. This is certainly an outstanding bed and breakfast! We plan on making a return trip.

Room Tip: The Garden Room is perfect for a couple. It has a great view and private entrance. It also has a s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Just took my girlfriend to the West Hill House in Warren Vermont where we were greeted by the lovely hosts - Suzan, Peter, and their two friendly cats who made us feel right at home. This was the first time I had taken my girlfriend to a place like this and she was awestruck - major brownie points! The location is perfect, the grounds are amazing, the service is unbeatable and the rooms are gorgeous. The house is nestled high up in the green mountains of Vermont with a three minute drive to town and a one minute drive to the ski slopes. It's surrounded by stunning gardens, ponds and trees; the rooms are cozy, yet luxurious and the food is absolutely delicious. I definitely recommend a romantic get-away to the West Hill House, you will not be disappointed. I will positively be going back on my next trip to the mad river valley.

Room Tip: The Paris sweet was perfect for a romantic get-away. With either private entry on your own private...
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wonderful experience run by an amazing Scottish Canadian husband and wife combo.
Everything about this place fantastic, communal breakfast was a delight food unbeatable with signature breakfast desert always a surprise,these people could not do too much to make our stay perfect.
The area is beautiful and we may return to ski at some time,
Advice on local restaurants (reviewed separately ) was spot on.
When we stayed they catered for a wedding 1 couple no guests all done very nicely with cake for all of us,this is one of their specialty.
As an extra we had a steam room in our bath room which was just luxury.
Cant give too much praise

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I just returned home this afternoon after spending a truly incredible Father's Day weekend with Susan and Peter at West Hill House. Literally every single thing about their beautiful B&B is perfect; the location, the rooms, the food, the cleanliness, the service, the grounds, etc. The best thing about West Hill House is, of course, Susan and Peter themselves! I felt like a member of the family within minutes of my arrival and that feeling only grew over the course of my stay. The countless wonderful reviews here are what led me to choose West Hill House (every positive thing said is true), and boy, am I glad I did! I have never been able to recommend a place where there wasn't at least one or two things I didn't like or would change if I could, but now I can because West Hill House is perfection. If you are planning a vacation to the area then you will be doing yourself a disservice if you don't call Susan and Peter!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room at West Hill House!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We got married at West Hill House on June 8, 2013. The experience was absolutely wonderful! Susan and Peter made us feel so welcome and special and they went above and beyond in accommodating our needs. The house is beautiful, the gardens were stunning and the food was great.

Peter and Susan were there as our inn-keepers and friends! I left everything to Susan regarding the wedding details (I did choose a white cake with maple cream frosting) - which she baked from scratch...it was amazing! Peter was our photographer and put together a CD for us (with music) within a few hours of the ceremony. The pictures are unbelievable - no need for a professional photographer!

We really can't say enough about Peter and Susan as wonderful hosts and, the spectacular area and location of their B&B. We are planning a return for our 1st anniversary! This is an extraordinary place to visit for any occasion or just to relax. We give it a 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: We were in the Mountain Room - quaint, quiet, plenty of space, very clean. Just lovely.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here while skiing at sugarbush, very close to the slopes and shuttle available. Peter and Susan are delightful and very knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was excellent providing great fuel for a day on the mountain. We were in the mountain room, comfy bed, warm gas fireplace, enjoyed the jetted tub as well. A short trip to Ben and Jerry`s, capital building, covered bridges, and other food places. We had a great time; Peter and Susan were very helpful with planning our adventure!

Room Tip: The mountain room worked for our needs but there are fancier ones to be had, the stairs to the upper...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I just spent a lovely weekend at West Hill House. Susan and Peter could not have been more welcoming and warm. It honestly felt like I was staying at the house of a loving Aunt and Uncle, who happen to love to dote on me. I know that sounds silly, but that is honestly how it felt! In our stays at various inns over the years, we usually tend to shy away from the types of innkeepers that are overly friendly and constantly just "in your face", for lack of a better phrase - it did not feel that way at all with Susan and Peter. Susan's calm and open manner and Peter's friendliness just make one feel as if you belong there.

Our room, the Mountain Room, was clean, spacious, and comfortable and had everything that we needed for this late-winter getaway. A soak in the two-person bathtub was just what we needed after a day of snowshoeing! The bed, also, was very comfortable. The inn itself is just big enough to make it interesting, but small enough to feel comfortable and cozy. The common areas are all very comfortable and "usable", as in you don't feel as if you're intruding in "the good sitting room", if you know what I mean.

The 3-course breakfasts were delicious and hearty - the perfect way to start a day of skiing or snowshoeing. I would love to come back again in during another season. I bet that Fall is spectacular at West Hill House!

Room Tip: The Mountain Room is very comfortable, as I'm sure are all of the rooms in this lovely inn.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#3 of 7 in Warren
White Horse Inn
White Horse Inn
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to West Hill House B&B? Share your experiences!