“3 course breakfast is delicious!”

West Hill House B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Warren B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
oregon city, OR
“3 course breakfast is delicious!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here while skiing at sugarbush, very close to the slopes and shuttle available. Peter and Susan are delightful and very knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was excellent providing great fuel for a day on the mountain. We were in the mountain room, comfy bed, warm gas fireplace, enjoyed the jetted tub as well. A short trip to Ben and Jerry`s, capital building, covered bridges, and other food places. We had a great time; Peter and Susan were very helpful with planning our adventure!

Room Tip: The mountain room worked for our needs but there are fancier ones to be had, the stairs to the upper...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Plaistow, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I just spent a lovely weekend at West Hill House. Susan and Peter could not have been more welcoming and warm. It honestly felt like I was staying at the house of a loving Aunt and Uncle, who happen to love to dote on me. I know that sounds silly, but that is honestly how it felt! In our stays at various inns over the years, we usually tend to shy away from the types of innkeepers that are overly friendly and constantly just "in your face", for lack of a better phrase - it did not feel that way at all with Susan and Peter. Susan's calm and open manner and Peter's friendliness just make one feel as if you belong there.

Our room, the Mountain Room, was clean, spacious, and comfortable and had everything that we needed for this late-winter getaway. A soak in the two-person bathtub was just what we needed after a day of snowshoeing! The bed, also, was very comfortable. The inn itself is just big enough to make it interesting, but small enough to feel comfortable and cozy. The common areas are all very comfortable and "usable", as in you don't feel as if you're intruding in "the good sitting room", if you know what I mean.

The 3-course breakfasts were delicious and hearty - the perfect way to start a day of skiing or snowshoeing. I would love to come back again in during another season. I bet that Fall is spectacular at West Hill House!

Room Tip: The Mountain Room is very comfortable, as I'm sure are all of the rooms in this lovely inn.
Oceanport, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had great skiing during our stay at Sugarbush, but our stay at the West Hill B&B was even better! This place is awesome! Three course breakfasts, if you can imagine that. Great WiFi, with ISP speeds similar to what I get in NJ on Comcast, and great hosts. I really can't find anything negative to say about it, and that makes my review suspect. So, if I had to reach, I'd say the roads during the late afternoons, after snowfalls, are muddy. Really, that's the best I've got in the complaint department! Definitely will be staying there on return trips to Sugarbush!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brightwaters, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is the most pleasant experience that we have ever experienced at a B&B. It began with an warm welcome, assistance with luggage and a tour. The accomodations were extremely clean and comfortable. Peter and Susan were extremely flexible in accomodating our special dietary requests. They are extremely warm and friendly people who genuinely "love" being Inn Keepers. We plan to be visit again in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the westhill house a couple of times and it is always consistantly wonderful!!! The rooms are so nice decorated and very clean!!! There is wifi and ipod docs in the rooms!!! The common areas are a great place to hangout with the lovely fireplaces going and there is even a pool table!!! Peter and Susan are not only welcoming and great conversation, they are a wealth of info on the area and things to do and places to see. We travel here for Sugarbush mountain but plan to go in the summer to try the mountain biking and other activities. I highly reccommend this B&B!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
pjmacl, Owner at West Hill House B&B, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
We are glad to hear that you once again you had a wonderful stay at West Hill House. We appreciated your comment about coming back in the summer and we look forward to seeing you again then. Many of our guests come each year during just one season, yet the B&B and its surroundings transform between summer and winter–it's well worth experiencing both as each has its own attractions and activities!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Susan and Peter were delightful hosts, genuinely accommodating and friendly. My boyfriend and I were so impressed with all of the thoughtful amenities as well as the overall warmth and cleanliness. We had breakfast in the lovely executive dining room each morning where Peter would present us with Susan's delicious cooking. I can't wait to go back and stay in another one of their beautiful rooms. This time around we enjoyed the Blue Bonnet Room and the Mountain Suite, both of which were charming and beautifully decorated. If you're looking for the ideal quintessential B&B experience, West Hill House won't disappoint!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I loved our room. My wife especially liked the jacuzzi tub after a day of skiing. Peter and Susan were the perfect hosts. They made you feel comfortable as soon as you stepped through the door. The breakfasts were amazing. You have to experience them for yourselves. I didn't realize how close the house was to the mountain until we got there and it was a pleasant surprise. If you didn't feel like driving the 1 mile to the mountain, Peter would call up the shuttle for you to pick you up. They couldn't do enough for you. It really was one of the best Bed and Breakfast experiences my wife and I ever had. If that wasn't enough, we left our lights on in our car and when we woke our battery was dead. Peter came out in the freezing cold for us and jump started our car for us with a smile.

Thank you Peter and Susan.

Room Tip: We stayed in the mountain room on the second floor. It was quiet, clean and plenty of room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#3 of 7 in Warren
Tucker Hill Inn
Tucker Hill Inn
#1 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to West Hill House B&B? Share your experiences!