“Beautiful and Comfortable B&B”

West Hill House B&B
Ranked #1 of 7 Warren B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I decided to beat the crowds of President's week and head up to Sugarbush for a long weekend Feb11-14. I chose the West Hill House because of location (1 mile to the Sugarbush base area) and from the great reviews I read online. The reviews were spot on. Peter and Susan are fantastic hosts and their B&B is welcoming and spacious. We stayed in the Garden Room which allowed us our own private entrance out to the side driveway. The room was large and had a steam shower which was a nice bonus to an already well equipted room (gas fireplace, deep tub, sitting area). However, we didn't hide out in our room the entire time. The common areas are large and inviting and being cat people we enjoyed having their 2 cats hanging around in the common areas. The B&B overlooks the sugarbush golf course which got us thinking of a summer stay there as well. Breakfast each morning was held in the dining room with all guests at the same table. Everyone that was staying at the inn with us was friendly and it was a great way to get restaurant recommendations and hear how the conditions were at the mountain from the day before. Susan is a terrific cook and she came up with a different menu for each morning we were there.
We would definitely go back and recommend to our friends.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DCO24

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Though we arrived very late at night (after 11 pm), my boyfriend and I were still warmly greeted with a personal welcome sign at the door including directions to our room, and even a hand written note on our bed. Our room (Wildflower Room) was cozy and still spacious enough with a gas fireplace and enormous whirpool tub. The bed was amazing (and I am quite picky about beds) and the linens soft. Our restful nights were followed with grand breakfasts rivaling Mom's (don't tell Mom!). Breakfasts were three courses (including a breakfast dessert) and kept us going for a full day of skiing (our entrees included a fancy french toast one morning and blueberry waffles the next morning). West Hill House is just down the road from Sugarbush and there's even a door to door shuttle if you'd prefer not to drive. When returning to West Hill after skiing, we were delighted to have hot chocolate, tea, coffee, and homemade cookies and a warm fire available. Susan and Peter are very warm, kind and certainly know how to make you feel welcomed. Their hospitality and attention to detail is top notch and I highly recommend West Hill House.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently experienced our first B & B, and chose the West Hill House because it looked quaint, comfortable, and out of the way, but still possessed the modern amenities one has come to expect while on vacation. I'm happy to say that WHH B& B exceeded every expectation we had while we were there. Peter & Susan are the ultimate hosts - welcoming, amiable, and engaging, but not overbearing. They seem to know exactly when to inject themselves into your day. Although we only stayed there 2 days/1 night, my girlfriend and I made a lifetime of memories, and West Hill House B&B was a huge part of making those memories great. Thank you, Peter & Susan.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark P
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was 1 of 6 guys who spent 2 nights this week at the West Hill House B&B. The gourmet breakfasts were phenomenal and the hosts were superb. The attention to detail was impressive - we plan to return.

Room Tip: The futon in the Logan Suite (extra bed) was too firm for my preferences, but everyone else slept we...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Larry G
Reviewed February 4, 2012

West Hill House is a wonderfull B & B - the hosts Peter and Susan go out of their way to accommodate your every need. Peter with his high tech equipment checking ski reports, Susan preparing delicious breakfasts, eager to make dinner reservations, keeping fireplaces going in every room to make all the living spaces warm and cozy.
The bedrooms are spacious and include many amenities -- jacuzzi, fireplace, flat screen tvs, etc.
Great proximity to Sugarbush and many terrific restaurants.
We highly recommend West Hill House and will very likely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank a52wino
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I chose this B&B based off these reviews and could not have hoped for a better place. I stayed there in early January to spend a few days at Sugarbush. The slopes were an overall disappointment due to the late winter, but the experience I had at West Hill House made up for all the failings of the mountain. The house is a cozy timber-frame house. My room had it's own fireplace (gas) and jacuzzi. There's even a dedicated fireplace for drying out your ski boots. The breakfasts were delicious and unique and followed up with breakfast desert. My hosts were very welcoming and helpful in suggesting places to eat and things to see in the greater area. There are many good restaurants around; whether fine dining or some place to grab a casual pint (I suggest the Switchback). I had a great stay and would not heistate to stay again or recommend to someone visiting the area.

Room Tip: The Mountain Room is a wonderfully cozy room, but watch your head on the roof line.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the West Hill house. Sue and Peter made our weekend extra special with their own "special and thoughtful touches". We were very impressed with them as a couple and how they run their business!
We highly recommend this B&B for any occasion!
The Lords

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jalane L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#3 of 7 in Warren
White Horse Inn
White Horse Inn
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to West Hill House B&B? Share your experiences!