“What a B&B Experience Should Be”
Review of The Sugartree Inn

The Sugartree Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Warren B&B and Inns
Hartford, Connecticut
“What a B&B Experience Should Be”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

My wife and I just spent two days and two nights at the Sugartree Inn. It was our first time staying there, and the rave reviews we read on this site is what sealed the deal for us. Well, we can both confirm that the high marks are well deserved. It all starts with Grahm & Maxine. They were the loveliest couple you can imagine, and were the inn's greatest assets. Of course, their amazing 3-course breakfasts and comfy feather beds just added to the whole experience. My wife and I love skiing at Sugarbush, so we look forward to many more stays at the Sugartree Inn. We have definitely found our home base at Sugarbush.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 21, 2011

great location, wonderful hosts (Grahm & Maxine), clean room & bathroom, my wife wanted to buy the bed (Grosbeak room), hot tub!, excellent food, it felt like home...book it

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stayed for a ski weekend and found this place to be very conveniently located near the Sugarbush ski slope. The hosts are charming and very helpful. During our stay there, Graham had to rescue two sets of guests who had car trouble and did so graciously. The decor is inviting with a roaring stove amidst overstuffed chairs and sofas that would probably be heaven after a tough day of skiing . The diningroom has a whimsical collection of English mugs with Royal family pictures, rock and roll memorabilia, and of course the famous Aga. The breakfasts are lavish and will keep you going past lunch. It is definitely one of the nicest b&b's I've visited. Bring your slippers for inside (since they have a no shoes policy) during the winter and a bathing suit and robe for the outdoor hot tub. It's worth it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2011

My brothers and I stayed at the inn for a long weekend of skiing, and the experience was just wonderful. We each have pesky food requirements and Graham and Maxine were incredibly gracious about catering to all our needs. They are a lovely couple and keep a beautiful, clean, warm and cozy inn. Very much look forward to going back.

Stayed January 2011
boston, ma
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I will definitely be visiting Sugartree again. The minute you arrive you feel like you are at home. The staff is an English couple named Graham and Maxine and they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They are always smiling and doing all they can to provide a comfortable stay. The breakfast and afternoon snacks are absolutely delicious. I really can't say enough. I loved my stay and I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gurumasta
North Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 30, 2011

I have never written a review for any establishment, but after staying at the Sugartree Inn, I feel that I owe it to the owners to write them a fantastic review. My husband and I spent two nights at the Sugartree Inn, and our stay was just perfect. Although we arrived at nearly 11:00 p.m. on our first night, we were warmly greeted by proprietors Graham and Maxine, and promptly given a tour of the inn and shown to our room. The bed in our room, topped with a featherbed and the warmest down comforter imaginable, was by far the best bed we have ever had while away from home (for those of you who normally travel with your own pilows as I do, you can leave them home for this trip). The room was a very comfortable size and was extremely cozy. While we knew breakfast was included in our stay, we never could have imagined the meals Maxine would prepare for us. Each morning began with a bowl of delicious hot oatmeal, followed by fresh fruit and warm scones, then followed by the main course. I have never in my life had a breakfast so delicious, and I doubt I will ever find a comparable meal somewhere else. And, to top if all off, after a long day of skiing, we came back to the inn to find a plate of fresh cookies waiting for us. All the while, Graham and Maxine made it appear as though it were effortless. It was truly delightful spending a couple of days with them, and we can't wait to get back. I would whole-heartedly recommend the Sugartree Inn to anyone I know, and in fact, I would tell them they're crazy not to stay there. After such a great stay, the least I can do is write a glowing review for the Sugartree Inn.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Marlboro, NJ
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Even though our stay was short, everything was very much as we would expect a Vermont B & B to be. The beds were so comfy and warm. But Maxine's cooking was something I will look forward to on our next visit. The full 3 course breakfast kept us full for a whole day of skiing. The oatmeal was truly the best I have ever eaten, the poached pear delicious and the eggs stuffed us to the gills They really are the closest to the mountain and the shuttle bus runs past their door for the one minute ride to the slopes. Very conveniently located. Cozy and welcoming, I felt at home downstairs in the living room by the fire. And Maxine and Graham were very good at what they do. They make you feel welcome and at home away from home.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#1 of 15 in Waitsfield
Pitcher Inn
Pitcher Inn
#3 of 7 in Warren

Been to The Sugartree Inn? Share your experiences!