“Incredible Desserts!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Description: **Reopening in December**
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friends and I stopped by Chez Henri for dessert and drinks. The desserts were amazing! Best creme brulee that I think I've ever had. Drinks were great as well. The ambience is wonderful, and while I cannot comment on any of the entrees, the food that was coming out to tables near ours looked really good. I'm sure had we eaten there for dinner, we would not have been disappointed. But if you're looking for a spot to just have some desserts/drinks, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Jennifer F

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perfectly romantic and cozy environment in a great part of relaxing VT. The food was out of this world. Get the frog legs as an appitizer they are very very good! The lamb rack and duck were also extremely good. I would drive the 4 hours from home to go there again no question!

1  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My daughter and I ate here as a girls' night out. It was wonderful. We started with French Onion soup. Then, I had the lamb (demi plate) and she had the petit filet with bernaise sauce. Both were cooked to perfection - which means medium-rare. Both dinners practically melted in our mouths. The sides were mashed potatoes, carrots and red cabbage. We made sure to save room for dessert. She had creme brulee and I had a fruit tarte. We liked the ambience, which is "casual elegant". This is not a stuffy, uptight restaurant. Everyone is warm and inviting. We loved it when Henri made his tour of the tables and took people's photographs. He's a charmer!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

great sour dough bread, cosy atmosphere. Good burger, croque monseur could be better, nice salad. Hot wine was too strong, but overall good wine selection, swapped the hot wine for rum and cider no problem.

1  Thank kay b
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ate at Chez Henri three days in a row over New Years weekend including the late seating for New Year's Eve and a ski-in lunch. Each meal was delicious and very authentically French. The dining room cozy and warm. The staff couldn't have been better on New Year's Eve. Service was impecable and even though the servers were working on a holiday - it felt like they were enjoying themselves too. Truly a special vibe in the dining room and as I surveyed the tables there was not one un-smiing face in sight. Henri and Bernard have really got it right. A great place for a romantic dinner, late lunch or family celebration.