“Defintely Ski in for Lunch!”
Review of Chez Henri

Chez Henri
Ranked #4 of 23 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: **Reopening in December**
Reviewed February 21, 2012

It was quite a treat to work up an appetite on the ski hill and then glide over to Chez Henri. I would do this a million times over eating the generic stuff in the lodge. I absolutely love French food, so I tried as much as I could when I was there. Everything was great, and the lunch prices are very reasonable. We arrived after the lunch rush (probably around 1:30) and Bernard sat my husband and I at a quaint little table next to the fireplace. We both ordered the French Onion soup ($9.50), which is tremendously good, and enjoyed the fresh bread served to us promptly and endlessley. Then we had the Henri Burger with Fries (nicely seasoned burger with fresh cut fries - $12.50), and the Croque Monsieur, Vegetarian with salad ($12). I would have loved to enjoy some wine with all that good food, but I didn't want to injure myself on the hill :). I can't comment on the dinner, but we were so full after our meal and tired after skiing that we went back to our B&B for the evening. We had picked up some Vermont cheese, meat, rye bread, fruits and wine to enjoy on after soaking in the Jacuzzi at our B&B, so if you want to avoid spending big $$ at dinner while having a romantic and fun day, this is a great way to do it.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We thought this must be a "tourist trap" restaurant since it is so close to the lodgings at Sugarbush. To our surprise the food was excellent -- my mussels were the best I ever had and I have them often when out -- and we met Henri, the owner at the end of our meal. He shared some stories about his 48 continuous years at this location; we will return.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Stopped by for lunch this past weekend, as we hadn't been to Chez Henri's in about 15 years. The atmosphere is very French, Henri and staff were cordial and friendly as always. The cocktails and food were excellent! Would love to go there more often, but the ski trail to get there isn't always well groomed (like this past weekend). Nevertheless, however you get there Henri's is worth the trip!

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Oui... we saw a couple of recent tripadvisor threads not kind to Chez Henri. Unavoidable in trying to please all in this very fluid business! One based on decor which they call dated, we call "French quaint". Another dropped $600 for four. We dropped $250 for four, including beer and a nice bottle of wine, tax, tip, and outstanding meals, apps and desserts. That's a very reasonable $125 per couple. But $600... I think SNL's Seth Meyers would respond..... really???!!! Conversely... our group enjoyed the wonderful, fresh French bread. A Mussell appetizer. A splendid bottle of Pinot Noir to complement entrees of Seared Scallops, Filet with Foie Gras, Duck, and my outstanding Veal dish. From the initial warm greeting from Bernard, to the omnipresent Henri himself whomst just keeps on ticking @ 86 years old, and... still skis by the way!.... to our excellent server Brian, we were courteously and professionally treated by all. P.S. Great desserts also!
Merci a tous... a la prochaine fois!

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The menu of this place has not really changed in a long time. It is on the expensive side. However... I love it as a lunch place on a cold winter day. You pretty much into the restaurant. I leave my skis inside. The premium: a great lunch in peace away from the crows in the Lincoln Peak restaurants. Try Chez Henri on a long weekend and you tell me your experience. Dinner... it is a different story: the restaurant is small and popular despite the high prices. Just make sure you make a reservation. So... overall... Try a late lunch. I like their wine list and the fondue.

1  Thank Luis R