“Best après ski in Sugarbush”
Review of Timbers Restaurant

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine with fine wines in an atmosphere modeled after a nineteenth-century dairy barn. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. Open year-round for breakfast and dinner, and lunch during holiday periods.
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Came off the slopes, tired, hungry and looking for some comfort. Castle Rock Pub was a zoo and felt I had arrived in Nirvana when we stepped into the Timbers. Sat on the curved inner banquette ( very comfortable) near a great live rock and blues group playing awesome tunes. Draft beers were excellent and the appetizers we ordered were superb. My wife ordered the smoked squash fondue which was one of the most memorable creative appetizers we've ever experienced. I had a flatbread pizza which was equal to any I've had anywhere. Can't wait to go back and try some other items that looked equally creative and delicious.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were here early in the evening so the restaurant was quiet, the staff were great and the food was nice, but the amazing views of the mountain at dusk were what made it special for us. We were able to show the kids how they got the mountain ready for skiing the next day.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

lines for lunch can be very long, went for dinner over MLK weekend. Tables were empty but they steangely still made us wait for our reservation time.. They have changed their menu from the steak house menu from last year which was excellent, ordered a steak anyway which was a good cut but was "froofified' unnecessarily, the 'assorted' vegetable was just a taste really. Also ordered the Portobello puff Napoleon, it was tasteless and not marinated. The deconstructed nature made it worse.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We are season ticket holders at Sugarbush, so we really like the mountain and the skiing at this resort. I love the Timbers building - it is nice architecture and is appealing in the village. But we have had a sit down lunch at this place twice, and both times the food was cold and tasteless. Last weekend we were there and went in for lunch. One of us ordered the burger, two of us ordered an eggplant sandwich. The burger was cold and overdone, and the fries were ice cold. The "eggplant sandwich" consisted of two ice cold thick slices of pickled eggplant topped with cold mozzarella and pickled peppers. Fries were ice cold. This was completely unedible. Who could possibly serve this to clientele and charge me $13 with a straight face? The only reason I will enter this building again is for the cold beer (which they can't screw up) and the bathroom. Hugely disappointing, Win. It is a shame, really. This could be a fun place to grab a HOT (get it?) and GOOD meal.

1  Thank Doug57216
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went to this place a handful of times over the last 6 years. This was the first time back in 2.5 years. I am not sure what happened but my guess is that the chef and management has turned over because this place is a shadow of its former self. On Xmas night, brought the family here for dinner. Plenty of servers were running around like chickens with their heads cut off and it still took forever to get our glasses filled with water. The floor manager was asking everyone how dinner was, but not taking care to get things done. Flatbread pizza was good. The filet was dry at the edges and so incredibly over salted. Desert was good. My wife's winter vegetables were hard and dry.

Next day we opted for lunch at the bar at Timbers because the Castlerock Pub was filled with smoke from the kitchen and smelled worse than the worst greasy spoon diner you'd find on the side of a road. The most incompetent person was in the kitchen. Asked for a burger medium and got a burger that was raw in the center 3 times. Not once, not twice, three times. Finally sent it back and said forget it. Manager said of course I am not going to charge you.....like I was planning to pay for it and then gave a 20% discount on the other meal. Very disappointing that she did not comp the other meal, which is what she should have done.

Just don't bother going here. And if you go to Castlerock, be prepared to wash your outerwear because you will stink after you leave.