“Not a bad hotel restaurant”
Review of Timbers Restaurant

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 23 Restaurants in Warren
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Farm-to-table cuisine with fine wines in an atmosphere modeled after a nineteenth-century dairy barn. Vegetarian and gluten-free options available. Open year-round for breakfast and dinner, and lunch during holiday periods.
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Not a bad hotel restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the resort for a few days over Thanksgiving holiday so we hit Timbers a few times. The venue isn't too bad, a good mix of informal and formal seating. The bar was a bit small and had only two small tvs. But they served good local brews. The menu is limited. And a bit pricey. With that said, the food was real good. All local ingredients; as they said it's from farm to table. The lamb was delicious and cooked perfectly. The hand cut fries with the locally raised beef, also spot on. I also recommend the cheese and meat platter for starters. The paté left me wanting more.
My only issue was the service. Don't get me wrong, the staff was nice enough. Everyone just seemed to move a little slower than I'm used to. Maybe it's just the way things run in this area (I'm from MA). One thing did set me off. We went for dinner at 6:30. The hostess asked if we had a reservation; to which we replied we didn't. 45 minute wait.. Seriously?? There were at least a dozen open tables and NO ONE even near the resaurant waiting. Fine, we go back to our room, play cards and go back. Wanna guess what I see when we return? You got it, the same open tables! Maybe I just don't get it. Whatever, if you go, get the lamb and an Equinox.

Hampstead, Maryland
“Cold food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

While this is beautiful restaurant, the "timbers" are just as one would expect in a lodge at a ski resort, but the presentation of the food leaves something to be desired. While the taste was acceptable,note I say acceptable only, it was COLD. I found it interesting that the plates were hot but the food was cold! Really? A big blob of COLD mashed potatoes in the middle of the plate? If we hadn't been staying there, and had nowhere else to go close by, we would have walked out.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bunny104
New York City, New York
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Third visit to this large open space at the base of the Sugarbush ski area. Twice in summer once in mid-winter ( theoretically high season) Didn't like it much the first time, about the same the second. Last week was really poor. Lobster Rolls chewy, tasteless, unseasoned. Risotto completly without seasoning. Appetizers not mentionable. Restaurant had only one other table occupied (apart from our party of 6 and I think they were employees). Bad evening all around.
They were nice enough to call the next day when I left my credit card behind and very pleasant when I collected it. The food just isn't worth going back for.

1 Thank Walter W
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Definitely NOT worth the money”
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Title says it all. The food is just ok, not inspiring. It gets by because it is on the mountain. If it were in town, it wouldn't last a year.

1 Thank jssp90
Montreal, Canada
“Average”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very average food, clearly too pricey for what they serve. Should probably eat the pub food (lobster roll, hambuger, salad)at an appropriate price for what they are. Very nice scenery though with the moutains just outside the window.

• Visited August 2012