“Awesome place to eat, stay, relax!”
Review of Hostel Tevere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warren
Hostel Tevere
Avon, CT
“Awesome place to eat, stay, relax!”
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Came for a ski weekend in March. Three of us stayed in a comfortable 2 bedroom condo which gave us privacy but was next to the hostel so we could enjoy the terrific restaurant and great bar scene. This place is an unbelievable value and a fun place to stay. Hostel Tevere is run by Sarah and Giles who couldn't be friendlier or more accommodating. Food is prepared by Jessica, Sarah's sister, a Culinary Institute grad. Her meals are delicious, healthy and a bargain as prices are low and the portions generous. We ate 2 breakfasts and dinners there and loved everything we ate. There was even a great band playing there on Saturday night. This place is great for singles, couples or large groups. We'll be going back soon and highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank AvonCTgirl

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
WNY
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My friend and I decided to take a weekend trip to VT and hit up a few resorts. All the places in Warren required a minimum two night stay and we only wanted to do one. Enter Hostel Tevere. I found this place on Trip Advisor, it sounded decent and looked good, so we decided to take a gamble. All the reviews are true. This place is pretty cool. The owners did a great job on fixing up and decorating the old farm house. The beds are comfy and everything is clean. It's only a couple minutes from Sugarbush resort and literally right off of VT100 so it's a great location. Everyone is friendly. They have a bar and restaurant attached. The food is fantastic, and even the locals come around for it and the bars. The crowd was pretty diverse in the bar, but it was a good crowd. We will be visiting again. This place would be awesome if you're traveling with a bunch of friends and can get a whole room to yourselves, but even sharing, our bunkmates were good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
brooklyn nyc
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Just got back from two nights at the Hostel Tevere and really loved it. The bunk rooms are brand-new and incredibly clean, with lots of friendly people staying there. Food was delicious, and the bar pulls in a great group of funky locals. Sugarbush and Mad River Glen are right nearby - what more do you need? Definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Boston
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I found Hostel Tevere through trip advisor when I was looking for a place to stay in the Mad River Valley area of Vermont. The Hostel Tevere's website convinced me that, even though it was a new venture, the place was up and running and well-organized. During my two-night stay there, I found just what they had advertised-- a lovely spot to spend the night with terrific food, an inviting bar, and comfy beds. The hosts, Giles and Sarah, are friendly and helpful in such a genuine way, that by the end of my short visit I felt that I had been visiting friends and I look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
North Waterboro, Maine
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I stumbled upon this place during my ramble through the state. I'm so glad that I did!!! The owners Giles and Sarah could not have made my stay more enjoyable. The place is clean, the decor funky and fun and the food can not be beat for the price!!! I was only planning on staying in the area for one night... I couldn't leave. Great food, comfortable accommodations and interesting people... why would I leave??? Whether you need a place to crash on your way through or you are looking for a travel destination fro fun, I highly recommend that you stay one or many nights at the Hostel Tevere!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Vermont
Reviewed July 1, 2009

Had lots of family and friends in town who needed an affordable place to stay, the Hostel Tevere was amazing. My idea of a hostel has definitely changed. They did an incredible job with every detail in converting the old farmhouse. It had lots of flair, super colorful, sunny, clean and comfortable. They went the extra yard in every respect, custom made bunk beds, nice linens, beautiful furniture, artwork and lighting. And the twenty something owners who all work there couldn't have been cooler, the dog too. They had such a great bar we ended up hanging out there more than anywhere else in the Valley. And don't miss breakfast....unbelievable stuffed french toast and breakfast burritos. This is just what the Mad River Valley needed.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends