“Super cool place. Creative food. Great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hostel Tevere

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warren
Hostel Tevere
Florida
“Super cool place. Creative food. Great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

If you are in Sugarbush you have to eat at this place. It has a small, creative menu that changes daily. Sarah (owner/chef) has an intuitive knack for blending flavors in a way that will bring you back for more. We ate there several times. Imagine gingerbread pancakes or breakfast burrito with locally made Mexican churizo. Healthy salads, to die for clam chowder, philly cheese steak, pastas, etc. If you are lucky she will top it off with homemade chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches.

Giles (owner) runs the service area and business side. Service is attentive and excellent.

If you are looking for an expensive white tablecloth place you should definitely go somewhere else.

But if you are looking for a casual, artsy place for creative foodies, this is it.

You might want to try the other restaurants first because you will only eat with Sarah and Giles once you try their place.

• Stayed December 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Waterbury, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I've only been here for the food and bar and must say that both are spectacular. This isn't a normal hostel either; it's extremely clean and the owners really pride themselves on taking great care of the property. I would not hesitate to recommend to a friend or family member.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mayor_of_Waterbury
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I was here over the Columbus Day weekend with my boyfriend and several other friends for one night. I had already read the good reviews, so I was hoping that it would live up to my expectations. I was not let down. My last hostel experience was in my teens, and this was totally different and so much better.

The owners are super nice and laid back. Check in was super easy, we had already made reservations online. The whole place has a funky ikea meets the country aesthetic. The main rooms, linens and bunks are very clean. Also, the bunk beds are super sturdy! So, if you are like me, and have not used a bunk bed since college you will feel a- ok! The upstairs bathroom is used by many people. So, if you are a little bit of a germ-o-phobe - bring your flip-flops for the shower. Also, we brought our own towels as there is an additional charge to rent a towel of $2.00.

We were in VT for a big party, so we did not have dinner there. But, the bar was cool. My boyfriend was very happy with the beer on tap - local and very tasty. I was happy with the mixed drink selection. The game was on the tv and the other patrons were very nice, friendly and easy to talk to. We had brunch the next day. Of the eight people in our party, everyone was happy with their choices. The gingerbread pancakes were a hit, the person who ordered them ended up sharing with everyone. You can't go wrong with the Southwestern breakfast burrito. They also served mimosas and bloody marys for those who might need them......

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New Britain, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I have been to the Hostel Tevere several times over the past couple years and simply LOVE it. The food is yummy, fresh, and reasonably priced! Try the breakfast burrito with chorizo or the mac and cheese...delicious! The beer selection is good but if you go there, you have to get a BLOODY MARY!!! or 2 or 3...perfect partner to Sunday brunch. Best Bloody Mary I've ever had. Also, get the fresh mint mojito when in season- the owner makes it right there fresh on the spot and it is amazing. The owners are great (friendly, helpful, and welcoming). Eat at the bar if you can and have fun. The rooms and beds are clean, safe, and comfy. A very homelike vibe. Great place....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Everything about this hostel was great. The staff was eager to please and was very understanding about some situations my party had arise with our reservation. The food at the restaurant was gourmet and priced reasonably. Having the bar downstairs was really convenient and had a good selection of beer.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

I stayed at Hostel Tevere in mid-September and knew I was in the right place when I read the sign in their bar area: "All we do is have fun all the time!" Beds are incredibly clean and warm. Hostels have a bad reputation in America; this establishment could swing an entire shift in cultural thought because of the safe, fun, and cozy atmosphere right in the heart of the Sugarbush valley. I can't think of a better place to enjoy foliage sight-seeing or skiing or just a simple weekend getaway. The food is gourmet-quality at incredibly reasonable prices! If you are going to the Mad River Valley, look no further than Hostel Tevere!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

This was an excellent find. The hostel was clean, warm and welcoming and very modern inside with a great bar and restaurant area. There's a pool out back and we were a stone's throw away from Warren Falls which was recommneded to us by the couple that run the hostel. The food they served was delicious. They always chatted to us and offered advice on where to visit-Ben & Jerry's factory! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warren
Sugar Lodge at Sugarbush
#4 of 7 in Warren
West Hill House B&B
West Hill House B&B
#1 of 7 in Warren

Been to Hostel Tevere? Share your experiences!