“Expectations Matter”

Terra Rossa Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Warren
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Terra Rossa is a casual, hip and fun restaurant on the Sugarbush Access Road in Warren Vermont. Our new menu offers healthy and fresh ingredients in every dish. Check out our new menu!
Reviewed October 19, 2012

As native NY'er, Italian restaurants are plentiful and staples of eating out. Ultimately, only the strong survive in this extremely competitive market. As such, our expectations are always high when it comes to Italian restaurants. ..even in rural Vermont. Unfortunately, Terra Rossa did not live up to those expectations. Of the 4 of us dining together, only one thought that their meal was better than average. My very simple penne marinara was undercooked, starchy and bland. I can do better at home with store bought pasta and bottled sauce. Setting was nice, staff was amiable and efficient. Price was reasonable. Again, our expectations were high and simply not realized. There was nothing awful about the experience and the AVERAGE designation feels pretty accurate. Unfortunately, we were looking for better than average.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Nice place near Warren, VT. Close to the slopes and the food was very good. I had just simple pasta and marinara and it was wonderful. My wife had a chicken dish and she enjoyed it as well. I would definitely recommend this place. Not too expensive and convenient. Fresh bread, warm from the oven and good salads. Not stuffy but slightly upscale..

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Last weekend, we had the pleasure of dining at Terra Rossa for my first time. We arrived in the area, due to traffic issues in MA, just after 9pm, starving and looking for somewhere to eat. Although the restaurant was closing, the owners were so gracious and offered to make us pizzas while we enjoyed a glass of wine. The pizza is the best I've ever eaten...crust, cheese and fresh toppings! OMG, I want one now! We decided to go back on Saturday night to try their regular menu and again were very pleased with our decision. There were 3 couples who each tried a different item from Spaghetti bolonese(sp?), Vegetarian dish, Mediterranean chicken, Shrimp scampi, salads and desserts. Not one complaint. The pastas are cooked perfectly and veggies are very fresh (my guess is that they are locally grown). All in all, we will definitely visit this restaurant on our future trips to the area.
The owners mentioned that they close the restaurant during slower seasons, opening during those times for catered affairs. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to hold a family reunion, wedding, shower or birthday party here... fun and successful....I'd bet!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed our dinner at this restaurant. We were there during the Mad marathon week-end and the place was filled with runners. The pizza was amazing and we also enjoyed the pasta primavera. We will definitely go back there next year when we're in town for Mad marathon.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Very pleasant atmosphere - building design separates tables for spacious feel - menu choices vary from elite Italian to casual pizza - your choice : fine dining or a casual meal.