“A Little Bit of Paradise in Vermont”
Review of The Waitsfield Inn

The Waitsfield Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2010

What a gem of an inn. My husband and I spent 2 lovely nights at the inn this past September. Our room was delightful -- the bed and linens were like sleeping on a cloud. Jon and Vickie are the epitome of gracious innkeepers -- going out of their way to make our stay everything we hoped it would be. When I mentioned that I was interested in photographing some of Vermont's old covered bridges, Vickie took it upon herself to research the bridges and presented me with the history and location of the covered bridges in the area -- service above and beyond! Jon's talents as a gourmet chef were exemplified in the delicious breakfast served each morning in the charming dining room. Not only was each breakfast a tasty treat, but the presentation was perfect! We can't wait to take our families to the inn to celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Waitsfield Inn

Reviewed October 7, 2010

On a motorcycle trip and we were avoiding Inns and B&Bs but were too weary to go any further. Too bad we wasted an hour looking for something that was right under our nose...

Charming old house (in great shape and tastefully / functionally furnished) with great bedrooms but the "family room / lounge" was the real draw. TV, fireplace, lots of interesting reading material and great conversation (for those wanting a local "take"). Terrific hardy breakfast and even a modest candy shop to boot.

Perfect for the guys' weekend but I'd also bring my wife and kids back for the nearby skiing. Thanx Vickie and John.../from Sarnia, Ontario

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My girlfriend and I recently stayed in Waitsfield for my friend's wedding. We weren't sure where to stay so sort of picked the Waitsfield Inn randomly. I'm so glad we did! It was just the right quaint cozy New England B&B atmosphere. The Inn itself is very comfortable and immaculately clean. And the real highlight for us was the breakfast! Every day was something new and delicious. Not too much food, but a carefully planned 2 course delightful breakfast with fresh local coffee to get you going for the day! Or at least back up to your room for a bit more sleep, depending on what kind of holiday you're having.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

The Waitsfield Inn was a welcome haven at the end of a long day of motorcycling for 4 weary travellers. Jon and Vickie have created an extremely inviting atmosphere - you get the sense that they'd help you arrange/organize/facilitate virtually anything a traveller might need. The room (typical of the whole Inn) was immaculate and comfortable - the best sleep of the 5 day trip. Breakfast was superberb like you'd find in an upscale restuarant. The Inn is very well located with groceries, a pub, and other traveller's needs an easy walking distance nearby. Really....what more could you ask for. We will be staying here again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I took a break from hiking the Long Trail and stayed here for a night. We couldn't have picked a better place. It's right across the street from the post office for food drops and a Shaws supermarket, with a health food store down the street. Its also next door to a restaurant with yummy pub fare and beer. John and Vikki were great hosts - interesting, nice, and very accommodating. John made us an awesome breakfast: eggs with Vermont cheddar and chives from the garden, maple sausage, toast, fresh orange juice, great coffee, and the most amazing granola and yogurt. I dreamed about it on the trail for a few days afterward. They gave us rides to the trail head (they even offered to drive us to the post office across the street!), put our wet clothes in the dryer, and let us take over their great room to organize our massive food drop. And last but not least., John gave us a parting gift - a bag of rosemary-roasted nuts for the trail. Can't wait to go back during a "regular" vacation!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed at the Waitsfield Inn in August and was very happy that I did. I didn't realize how much there was to do without spending a cent. The hiking, fishing, biking and motorcycle riding is incredible and the scenic views are stunning. The Waitsfield Inn was perfect for me. They even have a locked area to store your bike. Jon and Vickie, my hosts, went out of their way to make sure my stay was trouble free and comfortable. The breakfast, included with the room, was freshly made each day using local produce and delicious. I recommend the Waitsfield Inn to everyone and I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed three nights at the Waitsfield Inn and wish we could have stayed longer. It provided everything we were looking for in a Vermont inn -- charming, friendly, relaxing, great location.

We have two teen-age kids and so we got the Robertson room, which was perfect. Aside from the main bed, it has a loft with two singles. The breakfast each morning was delicious and filling. The hosts were helpful in suggesting things to do in the area. Aside from our excursions around the area, we spent an entire day just walking around Waitsfield, mainly following the Mad River trail, which you can pick up behind the inn. If you're visiting in the summer, the farmers' market runs on Saturdays right across the road -- not to be missed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family