“Home away from Home-only better!”
Review of The Waitsfield Inn

The Waitsfield Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Brookline, Vermont, United States
“Home away from Home-only better!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Waitsfield Inn many times over the years. My children go to school up the road at Green Mountain Valley School. The owners John and Vicky are so very welcoming. The Inn is nice and large but has a cozy feeling. The downstairs rooms are warm and well designed in an old fashioned way. The bedrooms are all very charming, clean and have all the modern amenities.The breakfast is amazing! Another guest remarked out loud the other day that Johns scrambled eggs were better than the Plaza Athenee in Paris!!!
I agree. I cant wait to go back there next fall !

Room Tip: I have stayed in several rooms and they are all beautiful, quiet and clean of course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
scottsville
Reviewed June 8, 2013

A perfectly planned and executed 4-day break - although a bit of positive business also was completed. Delicious dinners @ Flatbread with different toppings each evening. My partner are still discussing whether his spicy calama one was as unique and tasty as my spring parsnip/honey infused basil flatbread. Salads and breakfasts also super VT fresh ingredients - especially Nancy's light Saturday morn cottage cheese pancakes. Special surprise treat dancing to the benefit Saturday night concert. I hope to train up again from Virginia!

Room Tip: Rooms have peaceful names!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Had too short of a stay. Only 2 nights, would love to had more. Great hospitality, food and clean comfy rooms to enjoy. Vicky and John are wonderful hosts. We felt very welcomed and valued as guests. This is a nice quiet town.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Garrison, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We having been staying at Waitsfield Inn for the past four years and our times there are fantastic.We really can't imagine staying anywhere else when we go skiing in Vermont. John and Vicki are some warm and welcoming from the minute you walk in the door. One day I decided to not ski, so I stayed at the Inn. I wanted to get a massage but I couldn't walk to it. Vicki offered to drive me. One night my daughter was sick and John went to the store to get some medicine for her. John's breakfast is fabulous. He is very accommodating to our daughter who is gluten free. Vicki also has gluten free cookies for her at the end of our ski day. The Inn is so comfortable and inviting. Our children love their stays at the Inn also, especially the candy shop. My favorite room is the Reading Nook, a place where you can sit at the end of your ski day and enjoy a book with a fire. The great room is filled with books, games, movies, and a lot of comfortable seating areas. My family and I highly recommend the Waitsfield Inn. It is truly your "Home away from Home."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorraine531
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 13, 2013

When you think of Vermont, you think of cozy B&B's. None can compare to Waitsfield Inn. We have had many memorable stays with Vicky and John Wallace over the years. They are wonderful, gracious hosts! John's great gourmet meals, the welcoming ambiance, and overall attention to detail make our visits seem to short. We have been traveling to Vermont for the past 15 years to enjoy the foliage and the accommodations at the Waitsfield Inn are by far the best!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A few friends and I stayed here on a ski trip this March. This inn was the coolest place that I've ever stayed. The innkeepers, Jon and Vickie, were genuinely the nicest people I've ever came across. Anything that they could have done to make our stay more enjoyable, they made sure to do. They even pushed their breakfast back to 7:30 instead of 8:00 for us just so that we'd be able to enjoy it before our clinic started. Speaking of the breakfast, it was absolutely phenomenal. Best I've ever had. The room was beautiful, and so was the rest of the inn. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Mad River Valley.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Whenever I'm able to get in a few days of skiiing at Mad River Glen, I spend my nights at the Waitsfield Inn. The Inn is homey, with comfortable, clean rooms. Jon and Vicki are great, very attentive hosts, and the atmosphere is casual and friendly. Breakfasts are varied, hearty and tasty, prepared creatively and in portions that furnish fuel for the day's skiing without popping the buttons on my ski pants .The Inn's central location makes the trip to the mountain or to local stores and restaurants easy. Reservations are sure and efficient, and rates are reasonable. Reliable, consistent, accommodating, excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#6 of 15 in Waitsfield
The Warren Lodge
The Warren Lodge
#2 of 7 in Warren

Been to The Waitsfield Inn? Share your experiences!