“The best for Leaf Peeping”
Review of 1824 House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
1824 House Inn
Ranked #12 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Our group of three couples stayed in six different Vermont inns in seven days during a recent road trip for antiquing and fall foliage. It was just by accident that we discovered the 1824 House, and it turned out to be our favorite one of all. it has all the charm and character of a vintage home, plus the comforts of a modern one. (What a pleasure to have space in the bathroom to put out our toiletries!) Best of all, the innkeepers, Sarah and Greg, welcomed us with a relaxed and genuine hospitality that made us feel like old friends. We even were allowed to commandeer the kitchen for our cocktail hour!

Breakfast was great too - homemade granola, fresh scones and a tasty egg and cheese soufflé Not to mention, we got to take home the recipes!.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for 1824 House Inn

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We are so happy we had our wedding here! It was beautiful, fun, relaxed. The innkeepers, Sarah and Greg were wonderful. They made everyone feel right at home and made sure we had everything we needed to make our wedding a spectacular weekend. The breakfasts were delicious. The venue was perfect. The ceremony was up on a hill, cocktail hour was outside on the grounds (and they set up lawn games, fun!). The reception was in the barn which was gorgeous! The caterer, Occasions catering, did an amazing job with the food, drink and orchestrating the evening! Our friends are still talking about the food; and the beauty of the venue!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My daughter had her wedding & reception at the 1824 House and we couldn't have imagined at the time of booking what a great decision they made.
Greg & Sarah opened the place up to us with full reign. It was a party atmosphere all weekend and they helped it make it a truly joyous occasion. I can not say enough about how great it was and how helpful and gracious they were. Throw in the fact that Sarah is a wonderful cook. An not be beat. Absolutely the best time at the best place. Thank you Sarah and Greg.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bluesdaddy2
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently enjoyed a wedding here and all of the stresses accompanied with wedding ceremonies disappeared because of the beautiful and relaxing atmosphere. The inn keepers are wonderful and make everyone feel important. The food was excellent!! I highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just returned from a long weekend at the 1824 House, which also happened to be my wedding weekend. My fiance and I booked 1824 sight unseen back in January, after reading reviews on TA and talking to Sarah and Greg. We could not have been more pleased with our choice. As many others have said before me, Sarah and Greg make you feel right at home the moment you arrived. We filled all of the rooms with friends and family, including my 1 1/2 year old niece who ran front to back of the house, in between Sarah and Greg as they prepared breakfast. And it was like nothing! There is not a bad room in the Inn, and the layout spreads the rooms out into different areas making private spaces for all. We took full advantage of all it had to offer including the great breakfasts, bon fires, swimming hole and lawn games. If you are considering 1824 for a wedding, I cannot endorse it enough. It is the most relaxing and beautiful venue that I can imagine. And with your guests staying with you and at other local inns, everyone arrives in the spirit to truly celebrate. I cannot wait to return!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the 1824 house for a family party and the experience couldn't have been better!
Sarah and Greg are so friendly and helpful, by the end of the stay the inn felt just like home - which lets face it doesn't always happen at inns.
The following week I returned for a night with my partner and the stay was just as amazing. We cannot wait to return to Waitsfied and the Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the 1824 House for a family birthday get-together, and couldn't have asked for a better experience. First off, the inn itself is beautiful and well kept. Inside and out, it's a beautiful property with a strong, comfortable "homey" feel. Greg and Sarah were unbelievably friendly and accommodating, as well as being knowledgeable about the area and also quite funny! Sarah is an amazing cook; her breakfasts were insanely good, from the homemade granola to the souffles, sausage-cheddar croissant sandwiches, and lemon-ricotta pancakes. There were a lot of us staying there that weekend but they knew all of us by name from the get-go. And that BED! I've rarely slept better than I did the three nights I stayed there. I was sad to leave after staying for three nights, but I'll definitely be returning sometime soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield
Featherbed Inn
Featherbed Inn
#5 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to 1824 House Inn? Share your experiences!