“Welcoming and Caring”
Review of 1824 House Inn

1824 House Inn
Ranked #10 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Greg and Sarah are very welcoming and attentive. They keep a clean house and the grounds are well kept. I stayed here for a wedding and was pleasantly surprised at how welcoming and friendly they were. The house is really well kept and the barn is lovely. I would easily stay here again. My room was very comfortable and the nearby attractions are all easy to drive to. The breakfasts were incredible! Best pancakes i've ever had. Thank you Sarah for taking care of my girlfriend when her plane was cancelled and thank you Greg for taking care of the groom since he had to stay in his room to prevent him from seeing the bride :)

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms will probably be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at the 1824 House Inn for a long July Fourth holiday weekend culminating in the Mad River Marathon. Everything was terrific--the grounds and gardens are gorgeous, breakfasts are excellent, and the beautifully maintained house has a cozy, historical bed-and-breakfast feeling without being too foofy. Sarah and Greg, the innkeepers, are warm and helpful but never intrusive. They were great with our son (they put a cot in our room, were thoughtful about activities and food he might enjoy, and were really sweet with him), and they got up at 4:30 am to lay out a spread of ideal pre-marathon breakfast foods for runners who were staying. We had a great time and hope to return. It's important to note that the few bad reviews here were written when the in was under different ownership and in no way reflect the way it is now. We happily recommend the 1824 House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

wonderful b & b in waitsfield vt. You will not be dissapointed! They are very customer friendly! Delicious breakfast and very caring hosts make for a great weekend get-away! Very good location for touring and lovely mt views.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I were attending a Memorial Service in a near by town so we decided to spend the weekend at the 1824 House. It turned out to be a wonderful choice. The weather wasn't the greatest, but Sarah and Greg had suggestions of things to do and wonderful places to dine. They both were wonderful hosts, making us feel very much at home, making the inclement weather only a slight inconvenience. Thanks to both of them!
We'll see you again, hopefully sometime soon.
Bob & Myra

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I, and our two friends, stayed here for two nights over the Easter long weekend. We loved it! Sarah and Greg are great hosts. The house is beautiful and well maintained. We enjoyed having pre- or post-dinner drinks by the fireplace. If you are not too tall, the Orleans room has the coolest shower/bath tub featuring a skylight!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights last February at 1824 House while we were on a short ski trip in Vermont. Sarah and Greg took care of us. They helped us feel very confortable. They know the area and they suggest us great places to have dinner. The house is beautiful. Good breakfast and everything nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My oldest daughter was Alpine Racing at nearby Sugarbush Mountain for two days. Her team spent the evening at another location so I treated myself and a friend -one of the other team Moms to a quiet night. The owners greeted us happily, toured us through the Inn and let us choose our favorite room. There was a fire in the fireplace where my friend and I enjoyed a glass of wine and some snacks,good conversation. A restful sleep, wonderful breakfast and back out early to shuttle the ski racers ! I would go back many times with friends, family or on my own to enjoy this peaceful, well appointed Inn. Excellent location and very thoughtful owners with great attention to detail.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#2 of 7 in Warren
White Horse Inn
White Horse Inn
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to 1824 House Inn? Share your experiences!