“If you are looking for a perfect Vermont getaway, book here now, you won't regret it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Yellow Farmhouse Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

My husband and I had some frequent flyer miles and wanted to take a trip to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. We decided to go somewhere cold and snowy--very different from warm and humid Houston in January. I thought we were staying in your average hotel in the city, but he surprised me with this stay at The Yellow Farmhouse Inn, and we were not disappointed. In fact, it was more than either of us could ever have dreamed! We had a beautiful, spacious room (Catherine) with a jacuzzi tub and a gas fireplace and a roomy king-sized bed. The room itself was perfect enough, but with the view, it was amazing! We looked out over the road to a perfect snow-covered field, complete with red barn and pony with blanket. I'm serious when I say that it looked as though it came straight out of a Currier and Ives painting!!!

The innkeepers, Mike and Sandra, welcomed us into the inn as if they were welcoming us into their own home. Breakfast each morning was delightful--a true gourmet meal made of fresh local ingredients with an obvious touch of the heart. They were sincerely concerned that we have an enjoyable stay and a fun time in Vermont. Mike gave us restaurant recommendations and directed us to nearby attractions. They made us feel totally comfortable, as though we were their friends and not just paying guests!

I sincerely mean it when I write that this short vacation was like a dream. We were truly disappointed to leave, and as of right now I am suffering from a terrible case of Post-Vacation Blues, all because of our wonderful stay at The Yellow Farmhouse Inn.

My husband and I aren't usually the kind of travelers to go back to the same place twice, but we both agree that, should the opportunity arise, we will DEFINITELY be going back to the Yellow Farmhouse.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EttaL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2009

If you're craving a true Vermont, New England experience, book a room in this impeccable, tastefully furnished 1800 or so farmhouse near Sugarbush and Mad River Glen ski resorts. Lots of windows let in views of hills and mountains. Wide pine floors and original beams from the barn (that burned, sadly) remind you that this place really was a milk farm. The hosts are super friendly, easygoing and happy to answer your questions. We arrived late and found a plate of cookies waiting for us plus hot cocoa, a selection of teas and a bowl of candy--all sent a genuine message of welcome.

But that wasn't all. The next morning we sat down to a home cooked, full breakfast, which included a pot of coffee, fresh juice, a mushroom omelet, and fat slices of toast. The morning after that, I was served a crunchy, baked cranberry granola first course followed by real pumpkin pancakes with slices of pear on top. Amazing!

I highly recommend this delightful and serene B & B. Our downstairs room had wonderful views of the mountains, and the quiet country road is just a short 15 minute walk to main street and stores downtown.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Bostonontheroad
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

My sweetie and I had just one night for a romantic escape while visiting my parents in the Valley. We picked the Yellow Farmhouse Inn based on the many excellent reviews here on TripAdvisor and because we were looking for an affordable room with both a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. In our opinion this place has it all - beautiful location off the main road, gorgeous grounds, and the inn itself is immaculate and tastefully decorated. We loved having a fireplace in our room - it's a nice touch that is hard to come by in this price range. The breakfast and afternoon cookies were delicious, and hosts Mike and Sandra were fantastic - super warm and friendly, very genuine, just chatty enough, and very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and our daytrip to Montpelier. We loved our visit and will definitely return. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AmyNYC
Montreal, Qc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

This is by far the best inn, starting with a warm welcoming and tour of the inn, followed by the most delicious chocolate cookies and then the most stunning and romantic room. We stayed in the Jacqueline room which has a wonderful view of the mountains and the BIGGEST jacuzzi bath tub ever! The breakfast was divine, 4 star quality.
The inn is in wonderful condition and Mike and Sandra were the perfect hosts, always ready with ideas of places to see or where to eat, or just there to engage in wonderful conversation.

We are already planning our winter wonderland retreat back to the Yellow Farm inn.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kbear0
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

First, Mike was a warm and gracious host, and though we didn't see Sandy a whole lot due to the briefness of our stay, she was lovely too. Seriously, I would come back for the food alone if this was just a hole in the wall, but it was a really beautiful and very comfortable B&B. The breakfast-- oh my goodness-- delicious! I'm a fussy eater, but the french toast with lemon filling was melt-in-your mouth amazing, the fruit compote to die for-- in short everything was just wonderful.

Mike was especially accommodating to my daughter and I, who had just one day left in our vacation before heading back to California. We had wanted to stay someplace new; since it was the fall season the inn was very busy and they don't usually allow one-day stays, but he did, and I was so thrilled he worked it out for us. I plan to bring my hubby back next year since he has never been east during the fall season. See you then Mike and Sandy!

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank So-Cal-yte
Costa Mesa, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

The Yellow Farmhouse Inn is one my favorite B&B's I have ever stayed at. The 1800's era farmhouse in well restored with beautiful bedrooms and country era, upscale antiques. Mike and Sandi are great hosts, who also offer sound advise on restaurants and other areas to visit while there. Highly recommended and will stay there again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uvmtim
Newburyport, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

Since moving to Massachusetts in 2005, we visit Vermont more than once each year--our favorite New England state. The town of Waitsfield is among its charms, and where we found also The Yellow Farm House, the place we never fail to stay on each trip. Hosts Sandy and Mike have the kinds of rooms we prefer, with touches of rusticity yet with every convenience and top-notch cleanliness. Their breakfasts are to die for--varied and sumptuous home-cooked offerings and service by the hosts themselves. We love the natural setting, porches and swings for sitting, and on our latest visit we introduced ourselves to the yaks in the adjoining field! The Yellow Farm House is minutes away from all attractions in the area, from charming downtown and nearby boutiques and excellent dining to the Sugar Bush ski resort and golfing attractions. We take easy driving excursions to Stowe and even into the "northeast kingdom" and still are back for restful nights at Yellow Farm House.

1 Thank LuluNBPT