Yellow Farmhouse Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
$119
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
$143
Capitol Plaza(Montpelier)
$159
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
$59
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmike and sandifront porchcookiesmy husband and ib bjacuzzi tubwonderful hostsolivia roombed and breakfastrooms are spaciouscakesrocking chairsthe mad river valleyfrench toasteach morninglook forwardwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in Vermont. My first time to visit this beautiful state. I spent 3 nights at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn and it was delightful. After a long day of travel (two plane rides) and 45 minute drive from Burlington Airport, it was nice to pull into the inviting driveway of the Yellow Farmhouse Inn and be greeted by Mike.

The Inn is delightful. The room was just as it was pictured on their website. I especially enjoyed having my own bathroom. The mattress was firm, linens clean and soft. And the room was equipped with a ceiling fan and individual A/C unit. Overall the location of the inn was perfect. A short walk or drive (less than a mile) to town. Most of all, it was nice to sit on the front porch and watch the sunset and enjoy the quietness of the valley.

The breakfast was delicious. And in the afternoon, Sandi would offer homemade sweets. She makes these amazing Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies with chocolate ganache in the middle. Hmmmm good.

Sandi & Mike are wonderful hosts. And like the other reviewers said, it really felt like you were staying with friends. And their dog Dolly is so adorable. If you are missing your own dog, Dolly is always available for walks and petting. I also appreciated all their lunch & dinner recommendations, all of which were delicious.

While I have only stayed in B&B's a couple of times. This was by far the nicest of all. Very comfortable and definitely an Inn I would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sjs033
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm not much of a B&B kind I person, but this is definitely the best place to stay in the valley. I've been coming up for the past 7 years and have stayed at numerous other inns and hotels around Waitsfield and Warren. There are many nice places to stay around here, but the Yellow Farmhouse Inn has the best of everything - charm, cleanliness, location, and food. Their breakfasts are mouthwatering; I wake up very easily smelling Sandra's phenomenal cooking. After a day of skiing or hiking, I love coming back to the YFI to enjoy the freshly-baked afternoon treats (it's vacation, so calories don't count).
I'm a die-hard skier, so winter is my favorite time to come up. But, summer is nearly as much fun with all of the activities in the valley. In the summer time, Mike and Sandra create beautiful gardens throughout the property, and I love coming back each year to see what new things they planted (they also grow their own veggies and use them in meals).
Overall, the YFI is one of my favorite places to go back to. Returning year after year, the YFI is one of the of the only hotels or B&Bs I've stayed at that feel like home.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 11, 2013

i had the opportunity to stay again with Mike and Sandra Anastos at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn in Waitsfield. It did feel as if i had just come home, even though a year had passed since my last stay. They are wonderful hosts and the inn is terrific. Each room has a special character, each welcoming and comfortable. And the breakfasts are just delicious! I would go out of my way to stay at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I attended our niece's graduation and commissioning into the Navy at Norwich University in Northfield this past weekend. The Yellow Farmhouse was a little further away from Norwich than I thought but was worth it.

From the moment we arrived we felt at home at the Yellow Farmhouse. We were greeted with homemade dessert which was welcomed after our long road trip. We were starving and the innkeeper gave us several tips for where to eat in town. We stayed in the "Caroline" room which was a very spacious room with a very comfortable king bed. I often have trouble sleeping in a bed that is not my own but I was out like a light both nights in this one. The bathroom was fine; not huge but big enough for the two of us. We had a small television but never watched it and the whole house is equipped with wi-fi.

Breakfast was great both mornings. We started with fruit and then moved onto the main course of pumpkin pancakes one day and eggs/potatoes/toast the next. Coffee and OJ were also served.

Make sure to roam the grounds if you are there on a nice day. There are several places to sit and relax outside and across the street there are horses.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn and will definitely stay there again if we find ourselves up that way. The innkeepers were very nice, friendly and accommodating. A+!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mricciomack
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just left the Yellow Farmhouse after a fabulous weekend. The hosts were attentive, and the food, rooms (we had two rooms - both lovely) atmosphere were all a perfect 10. The inn keepers also made great suggestions for activities and restaurants. Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends