“Fabulous!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Yellow Farmhouse Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Upton, Massachusetts
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I have never stayed at a B&B prior to our stay at the Yellow Farmhouse Inn. We absolutely loved it. The Inn is lovely and the grounds are beautiful. Each room is unique and beautifully decorated. We especially like that each room has a private bathroom. Sandra & Mike are wonderful Innkeepers! They made our stay warm and inviting. The breakfast each morning was homemade and delicious and lets not forget about the baked goods Sandra makes fresh each day - yum! We are already looking forward to returning to the Yellow Farmhouse Inn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DSmith829

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Merrimac, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The most relaxing and peaceful place! The area is beautiful! The property is beautiful. The inn is so nicely decorated and so comfortable. The rooms are spotless, the breakfasts are amazing and Mike and Sandi are the best! You are close enough to do just about anything you want, yet tucked away from it all. Mike and Sandi make you feel so welcome. They know the area and know all the best places to go. We had the most romantic and relaxing vacation. If you want to get away from it all, this the best place ever! We did not want leave and we will definitely be back! Soon!

Room Tip: We had the chance to peek at some of the other rooms. Each room is nicer than the next! I would be t...
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2012

If you are reading this please don't look further--stay here, you will love it! My husband and I began staying at B&B's and Inns in the last 8 years. We have experienced many in the U.S. and also abroad (Ireland, agriturismos in Italy, gites in France). The Yellow Farmhouse Inn is among the best we have stayed at. Mike and Sandra have created a place that provides a perfect respite for a romantic getaway or the business traveller.
They live on the property but in another building so there is none of the awkward feeling that you sometimes get when you use the common rooms. Also, the tables for dining in the morning are set so you can dine alone but close enough if you want to converse with others you can. Sandra's breakfasts were delicious and artistic! There are 2 courses, the first a breakfast pastry (nectarine and blueberry tart, ginger lemon scone, baked pineapple--yum!) and then another hot breakfast item. We were there while the local farmer stopped by to drop off the eggs for the week, and were happy recipients of them cooked with seasonal vegetables and cheddar served with roasted potatoes and toast with blueberry preserves! They went out of their way to create healthful meals for us, they truly want to make their guests happy! I had to hold back at breakfast--it was plentiful and if you ate everything you would likely be fine until dinner. We returned in the afternoons to find a platter of snacks each day: dark chocolate and mint sandwich cookies, honey roasted peanut and chocolate, chocolate chip pecan coconut bars!
There are many places on the property where you can relax, covered porches with rocking chairs, a side deck with tables, adirondack chairs facing the mountains and even a couple chairs set higher up on the property which Mike pointed out was a great place to star gaze. They even provide lanterns for your use to light the way.
The entire inn and the rooms are super clean. I looked in each as they were open and all are spacious. There were plenty of outlets for plugging in chargers, etc (not always the case in older farmhouses), towels were thick and fluffly, each room has it's own air conditioner. There is a small refrigerator on the first floor for guests use, hair dryers available, iron, books games, and they also provide glasses and bottle openers if you would like to have wine, etc
I looked at the other B & B's both online and explored some in person while in the Mad River Valley--I truly believe the YFI is the best in terms of location, property, friendliness, cleanliness and comfort. Mike and Sandra have perfected the blend of privacy along with interaction to be certain you have everything you need. They are very knowledgeable about the area and can make suggestions based on the type of excursion you are looking for.

2 Thank wanderful007
Indiana
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying for 4 nights at the YFI. This was our first relaxing vacation in many years. The innkeepers, Mike and Sandra were so friendly and very knowledgable about activities and sites to explore in the area. The gardens around the inn were spectacular as were the views from the front porch, where we spent much time. Our room was spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. Each morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast made by Sandra. Her afternoon treats were something I looked forward to ! This will be a yearly trip for us after experiencing the comfortable and comforting treatment we received from this establishment.

Room Tip: The Catherine : Great size, great views of the mountains & horses across the road. Couldn't...
1 Thank KenTroy
Lake Clarke Shores, FL
Reviewed August 27, 2012

An awesome place to stay in the Mad River Valley! The innkeepers, MIke and Sandi, make you feel right at home from the moment you arrive. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I visit the Valley. The rooms are tastefully decorated and absolutely spotless! Comfy beds and a hearty breakfast complete the package. I highly recommend the Yellow Farmhouse Inn to anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway in the mountains!

2 Thank diane_mb99
Wurtsboro, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Yellow Farmhouse Inn is topnotch! Mike and Sandy are attentive to every detail of making your stay a delight. The inn is spotlessly clean, the rooms lovingly appointed and every breakfast is absolutely delicious. They are ready to accommodate breakfast to your schedule, make restaurant recommendations and reservations and when you return in the evening you are invited to help yourself to freshly baked cookies, tea and hot chocolate to enjoy in your room, the lounge or the front porch. We just returned from our second visit and made our reservations for next summer. You couldn't do better!

Room Tip: The pool is not excellent because there isn't one, but I clicked in error and couldn't delet...
1 Thank Barbara S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The innkeeper was borderline rude, some of the rooms don't have locks on the doors, and there was nothing remarkable about the accomodations. I'm truly surprised to see this place ranked so high on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
yellowfarm, Owner at Yellow Farmhouse Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
In response to this reviewer I must say I'm surprised a review could be written from someone who never actually stayed at the Inn. This revewer cancelled their reservation with us 2 months prior.
While working in the gardens we noticed a new car and person arrive in our driveway, carry their gown and bag into the Inn and go up to one of our rooms with their friends to shower and dress. I waited to introduce myself and find out who they were. Upon meeting and greeting I asked where they were staying and they informed me they were indeed staying here in their friends room. After mentioning the room already had 2 registered guests and that is the maximum occupancy for that room so unfortunately they would not be staying here. After a laugh and a "We'll take care of it" I aproached the registered guest of the room and stated that all kidding aside the 3rd person could not stay. I then asked them since this was planned for 2 months why weren't they honest and just ask ahead of time so we could have switched rooms around and put them in a suite that accomodates 3 people.
There were 6 other rooms in house not with these friends and their expectations of our Inn are for a quiet, clean, and comfortable stay and not the atmosphere of a college dorm.
When you're caught doing something dishonest you must accept the consequences that come with it. Defrauding an Innkeeper is not only dishonest it is also against the law. As the owner operator of the Inn it is my responsibility to ensure all my guests have their expectations met and it is my right to ask any unregistered guest to leave the property without being perceived as border line rude.