“Jim P”
Review of Mad River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waitsfield
Mad River Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Jim P”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife and four children had awesome stay at the Mad River Inn. We normally rent houses for ski vacations, mostly for privacy. When we arrived we immediately felt welcome. A large living room with a fire was a great place to relax after skiing.Luc and his wife, Kathy run a first rate bed and breakfast while maintaining a relaxed atmosphere. Luc prepared breakfasts every morning, cookies and tea in the afternoon and all my kids (ages 8-15) enjoyed the hot tub after skiiing. They also enjoyed a pool table and tv on the lower level.The rooms and the bathrooms were immaculate. My children had a great time and they felt at home with Luc and his family. We would highly recommend a stay at the Mad River Inn and plan to visit again.

immaculate

Room Tip: We rented three rooms and they were all cozy and clean. Beds were really comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank james p

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I have stayed at many B&B's over the years, all around the country. We have to say that this B&B was by far the best trip so far. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants an enjoyable stay. The Inn Keepers are very friendly and accommodating and they have beautiful well behaved dogs. They also have an Icelandic Horse Farm. It almost feels like it's your own home, as they let you hang out in their kitchen. Oh yeah, they also have a great outdoor hot tub on the back deck with beautiful views. I practically lived out there during my stay.

My daughter Emily became best friends with their daughter Amelie during our stay. We are definitely going back there soon.

Don & Jackie G.

Room Tip: They have all types of rooms for singles, couples and families. We had a 2 bedroom with bath with a...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Don G
West Kingston, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I love the Mad River Inn! We went up for a ski vacation and couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. When we came back from skiing there were cookies and tea waiting and a fire in the fireplace. The Inn is a great place to relax after skiing. Weather you want to sit by the fire in the living room or relax in the hot tub on the deck while looking at the great views of the mountains. Luc, the owner, really makes you feel at home and is an excellent host. We were there for 4 days and every morning he made a different breakfast, and they were incredible!! Everything is made fresh each morning and there was plenty of food. The rooms are very nice, the beds are comfortable and every room has it's own bathroom. The entire inn is spotless. While there we met Luc's wife, Karen. Karen owns an Icelandic horse farm. We decided to take an hour long ride on the one day we didn't ski. The horse farms is amazing as well as the horses. It was an experience that we will never forget. We would definitely recommend the Mad River Inn as an excellent place to stay and will be going back again for sure.

Room Tip: From what we could tell all the rooms look great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erica K
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The accommodations at the inn were first-rate; the staff was helpful,friendly and polite; and the breakfast was a great starter to the day. I have no qualms about referring friends and family to stay here---my wife and I definitely will! W'ere a little old for riding the Icelandic horses, but that must be a fun way to explore the area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that my wife and I have stayed in are comfortable and have their own unique charm.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Joseph M
Kent, CT
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I love the Mad River Inn! Luc and Karen and their two amazing daughters are fantastic people, the inn is comfortable and welcoming, the food is incredible, and the icelandic horses are sure-footed and great fun! I had a terrific time. Coming home after a ride in the cold autumn air to tea and delicious cookies was a real treat. I felt pampered and relaxed and it couldn't have been a better getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann J
Maryland
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Mad River Inn is a beautiful country Inn tucked into a beautiful valley surrounded by fields and farms. The owner, Luc, is charming and fun and really makes the experience truly wonderful. His wife, Karen, runs the Vermont Icelandic horse farm, which is about five miles away. There were six of us at the Inn staying during a week-long horseback riding package. Between Luc's hospitality and Karen's knowledge of her Icelandic horses and the Vermont countryside - it is impossible to pick just a few things to review. It was a very unique experience with wonderful people who clearly enjoy their life in Vermont. If you love rustic and beautiful country Inns, superb hospitality in a quiet and gorgeous setting - then the Mad River Inn is for you. Just loved it.

Room Tip: I had a beautiful room on the first floor - two windows that looked out into the rolling fields. If...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CCanadian
Scottsville, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you appreciate nice food prepared with excellent quality ingredients, you will delight in the meals here! We had not expected such abundance at both breakfast and dinner, and with such beautiful presentation as well. We had the run of the house during our stay and were so glad that we chose the Mad River Inn for our stay.
The Innkeepers could not have been more accommodating!

Mike &Kelly

Room Tip: A room with a view of the Gazebo and hills beyond is nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
#7 of 15 in Waitsfield
The Hyde Away Inn
The Hyde Away Inn
#10 of 15 in Waitsfield

Been to Mad River Inn? Share your experiences!