“The best innkeepers around!”
Review of Featherbed Inn

Featherbed Inn
Ranked #6 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our group of 9 took over the inn for a special birthday weekend. Tom and Linda couldn't have been any more accommodating! They met our every need and out did themselves with a constant supply of freshly baked cookies and warm cider to deliciously prepared breakfasts the mornings that we stayed. The rooms were immaculate and the featherbeds were perfectly 'poofed'!!!! A lovely fire awaited us after our days of hiking and snowshoeing. What a great place to stay and I recommend "The Featherbed Inn" without hesitation. I look forward to our next visit with Tom and Linda!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cooper's C
There are newer reviews for Featherbed Inn

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Recently nine of us stayed at the Featherbed for our annual girls winter weekend. This is our fourth year going to the Featherbed and Linda and Tom are the best. We were able to essentially rent the entire INN for our getaway. Many of us like to snowshoe and hike and there is ample opportunity right out the back door. The accommodations are immaculate and designed in a homey antique way. The beds are very comfortable because of the feathertop.

The breakfasts are out of this world...all homemade and delicious. There are always cookies and hot cocoa available. Very reasonable rates and the town of Waitsfield is very close to SugarBush and Mad River Glen. I highly recommend Linda and Tom's FeatherBed Inn. Its a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: My girlfriend and I stayed in the Beatrice Room. It has two double beds (one is in its own room wit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandra A
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The featherbed inn is a great place to stay.I love the breakfast there.they have horses,cats and a donkey.They have a foosball table and some games.Linda makes great cookies and Tom makes great apple pies.

- Mia (8)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our stay at the Featherbed Inn was terrific. While we were there on a quiet weekend, Tom Gardner, one of the two owners, rolled out the red carpet with a wonderful breakfast, spacious rooms and "cloud-like" feather beds. Sneakers the cat was quite friendly and I would stay there again in a second.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the road are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ted C
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our family was gathering for a wedding in Waitsfield and the Featherbed Inn was a recommended B&B. What a wonderful place to come and relax before and after the wedding. The owners couldn't have been more welcoming. I feel like Tom and Linda are family, especially when I sat in their kitchen drinking coffee and talking about Linda's trip to Arizona with her family. For those of you visiting, Tom bakes the most fabulous pies, one of which was taken to another family event by my nephew. I've never slept on a feather bed before and was surprised that it was the best night sleep I've had in months. I would highly recommend you experience this special place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mary L
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Featherbed Inn, a bed and breakfast, was a charming and very peaceful experience. The rooms are all decorated in antiques and have fluffy European feather beds. There are horses, a pony and a donkey on the property. The couple were sweet who own Featherbed and include homemade breakfast early in the mornings.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MT21PDX
Reviewed September 4, 2012

For my family's first time to be in a Bed and Breakfast place, Tom and Linda made this experience such a lovely one. We are used to staying in hotel rooms. So we were kind a skeptical at first. But this place is like home away from home. like visiting relatives. Tom and Linda are so welcoming and the moment we drove inside the property, we saw "Milo" this big black dog, warmed our hearts. I knew right away that this would be a pleasant experience. We stayed in their suite, so we had 2 rooms and had the bathroom just to ourselves. Tom and Linda, prepared the best pancake and the featherbed eggs are the best. The beds are so comfy and we really had good rests after driving 6 hours from New Jersey. We stayed for 2 nights and Tom suggested a place where we had a great water sports just in one place, like Canoe, Kayak, Paddle Board, Pedal boat and in such a beautiful scenery state park. There is a nice swimming hole that is just right across the featherbed inn too. But Tom knows where is the best swimming holes! You need to go there! Not only they gave us the cleanest and most comfortable room, warmest welcome, best breakfast, they also made my son happy coz Linda gave him a bag of chocolate powder that my son loved having during breakfast. I was willing to pay but Linda just gave it for free. For me, that was very kind of them! BTW, I should not forget about Sneakers who kept us company while we were watching movie in their lovely gazebo. I will definitely give them more than excellent, if there is any rating higher than 5, I will give them more! Thank you so much Tom and Linda, I know this is just your business but you treat your guests like your own family! More power and more guests to both of you! My only disappointment, I forgot to take a pix with Tom and Linda and of course with Milo and Sneakers!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family