“Such a lovely B&B!”

Wilder Farm Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here at the beginning as well as at the conclusion of a week touring Vermont, and I highly recommend this delightful B&B. We booked two different rooms as each has its own personality, something we enjoy when travelling. As others note, hosts Linda and Luke are laid back, personable, and attentive to their guests, something noticeable "in the details": distinct and delightful room decor and ambiance; numerous amenities; public areas replete with cozy seating and lighting, books and games; tea and coffee (and a home-baked treat!) available in the rustic dining room; and on it goes. Breakfast was delicious, the perfect way to commence the day. Should you feel like shopping, Luke's pottery studio, located at the rear of the historical property, will satisfy the urge (2 of the 3 pieces we purchased now adorn our home). Enjoy!

Room Tip: Look at the photos on the website; they are an accurate representation and will guide you in your se...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GRG
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for the review and especially for finding us at the start of your travels and then returning again on your way home. That means a lot to us! A pleasure having you and enjoy the pottery!
Until the next time.
Luke & Linda

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am late in reviewing, my husband and I spent a long weekend here in November 2012 with my college pottery instructor and some of my fellow students.The scenery in Waitsfield is beautiful. We loved staying at the Wilder Farm Inn and have recommended it to family and friends who plan on visiting VT. Luke's breakfasts are out of this world delicious, especially the pancakes. The steel cut slow cooked oatmeal was also a favorite. We loved eating off of dishes and drinking out of cups that Luke made himself in his pottery studio. My husband and I stayed in the River Room. The bed in that room is fantastic, fluffy, feather down comforter, perfect for the cold weekend. I loved that the River Room's bathroom has both a shower and a bath tub. I was able to soak in the tub after being outside in the snow, which was really nice. We didn't realize just how cold VT can be in November compared to NJ where we live. Please take that into consideration and pack extra clothes so you can wear layers just in case. Bring slippers to keep your feet extra warm while walking around the inn. At night we had a lot fun hanging out with our friends in the library, talking, looking at books, drinking the free herbal tea (yum), and playing games. It snowed one night and it was really beautiful. We ate at two local restaurants in town, a bbq place and a place that serves flat bread type pizza on certain nights. The bbq was good but the pizza place was fantastic. We didn't have time for shopping, next time we'd like to check out the small shops and neighboring towns. We will def. visit here again next time we are in this part of Vermont. This Inn is really a great B&B and we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Pictures of all the rooms are on the inn's website. We stayed in the River Room and we really li...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Danalovestotravel79
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a great time and Wilder Farm Inn. Luke and Linda were perfect hosts with tons of recommendations -- hikes, trail running, restaurants, swimming holes, best local beer (and the places to find it), etc. etc -- and were very gracious in accommodating food requests. The Inn is very clean and well-kept. Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed speaking with Luke and Linda, and having an opportunity to meet the other guests as well. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was the third time I have stayed at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, and it was just as amazing as I had remembered. Previously I had stayed during the winter for ski trips with friends, so staying in the summer with my wife was a very different experience. Many more things to do outside when the sun is shining and there is no snow on the ground!
Luke & Linda are amazing people, who really love their community, and will give you the best advice on things to see and places to eat (though after one of Luke's amazing breakfasts there isn't much point in eating for the rest of the day!).
We had some special requests that Luke & Linda took care of and we really appreciate their special attention to our needs.
We stayed in the Robin Room, which is spectacular. The bed is super comfortable and the bathroom is the perfect size. We appreciated the bench near the door and the spacious dresser and many places to hang clothing around the room. On a lazy afternoon the A/C unit was a blessing as were the black out curtains!
I have told so many people about the beauty of the Mad River Valley, and that if they ever plan a trip that they should stay at Wilder!
The common areas are very well appointed, with comfy couches and lots of board games and books. It wasn't cool enough for the fireplaces to be roaring, but they are still beautiful focal points of the dining area and the "main" common room.
As in previous stays, and even just a pass through visit, I purchased some of Luke's pottery for ourselves and for my brother and sister in law. He is a special talent and was even willing to make a special request mug for my wife. If you aren't going to stay at Wilder, at least stop by the pottery studio and see true VT artistry!
I am astounded at how much we did while we were in Waitsfield but how relaxed we were when it was time to leave...
Thanks to Luke & Linda for such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Book early, especially in the summer and fall.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Wilder Farm Inn is a great place to stay if you are looking for a convenient location, comfortable accommodations and gracious hosts. Luke and Linda are the perfect innkeepers - attentive, knowledgeable and relaxed. My husband and I spent three nights at the inn. We chose the place based on great reviews, price and location. We were not disappointed. My husband is an avid beer fan and wanted to visit several of Vermont's famous breweries. I was hoping to get some hiking and site seeing in. The inn is centrally located in the Mad River Valley so it's an easy ride to Sugarbush, Mad River Glen and Burlington. We were able to explore breweries, mountains and the quaint villages (Warren, Waitsfield, Waterbury) with ease and did a day trip to Burlington and Lake Champlain. Breakfast every morning was top notch - from farina cakes with maple syrup to farm fresh omelettes (I watched Luke cut the Swiss chard and chives in the garden after I ordered). They rotate between sweet and savory each day. The Cape Room was tight, but it had its own bathroom and we spent little time there anyway. All-in-all a wonderful inn. We would highly recommend it and plan to return!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Beautiful b&b owned by a delightful couple who offered helpful advice and suggestions on everything from restaurants to hiking and biking trails. Our room (Montgomery room) was huge and very clean. Breakfast was delicious - peach-blueberry pancakes one day and omelettes the other, with a willingness to accommodate requests for substitutions. Snacks (biscotti, brownies) and local tea were left out at night, which was a nice treat! Great porch and adirondack chairs out in the lawn for enjoying a leisurely morning with a cup of coffee. Nice common spaces (living room, large, comfortable dining room) that we and the other guests felt comfortable using.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Luke and Linda's lovely Wilder Farm Inn this past weekend because we were in town for a wedding. Several other friends stayed here as well, and all of us had a wonderful experience.
We were checking in quite late and I called to explain, Luke had a routine and described where the key would be. We came in late and went to bed on a comfy mattress and I slept like a rock with complete silence around me!
We awoke to amazing whole grain pancakes, yogurt with fruit puree, and orange juice. Luke does NOT mess around in that kitchen! Luke and Linda both gave our group tips on where to hike, and places to visit in our spare time. The second morning's breakfast of a maple sausage, cheddar and tomato scramble was even better than the pancakes.
We stayed in the 'River Room' and it was great. Relaxing colors, plenty of room and a nice view of the mountains (Route 100 is right in front, so an occasional car drives by, but it's not noisy).
Linda takes great care in decorating the place, and everything is so unique and beautiful. Luke sculpts all of the dishes used, right down to the water glass in your bedroom!
The group of friends attending the wedding used Wilder as a home base (even though everyone wasn't staying there), because of it's spacious sitting rooms, internet access, lovely porch, and chiminea out back. We met wonderful people at each breakfast, and enjoyed the grounds thoroughly.
We were terribly sad to leave, and bought a pitcher and bud vase from Luke as a souvenir before we left!
We will be back ASAP!

Room Tip: River Room was really nice! Other rooms seemed more updated, but this one had a bit more space if th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
Featherbed Inn
Featherbed Inn
#6 of 15 in Waitsfield
Mad River Barn Inn, Restaurant & Pub

Been to Wilder Farm Inn B&B? Share your experiences!