I am late in reviewing, my husband and I spent a long weekend here in November 2012 with my college pottery instructor and some of my fellow students.The scenery in Waitsfield is beautiful. We loved staying at the Wilder Farm Inn and have recommended it to family and friends who plan on visiting VT. Luke's breakfasts are out of this world delicious, especially the pancakes. The steel cut slow cooked oatmeal was also a favorite. We loved eating off of dishes and drinking out of cups that Luke made himself in his pottery studio. My husband and I stayed in the River Room. The bed in that room is fantastic, fluffy, feather down comforter, perfect for the cold weekend. I loved that the River Room's bathroom has both a shower and a bath tub. I was able to soak in the tub after being outside in the snow, which was really nice. We didn't realize just how cold VT can be in November compared to NJ where we live. Please take that into consideration and pack extra clothes so you can wear layers just in case. Bring slippers to keep your feet extra warm while walking around the inn. At night we had a lot fun hanging out with our friends in the library, talking, looking at books, drinking the free herbal tea (yum), and playing games. It snowed one night and it was really beautiful. We ate at two local restaurants in town, a bbq place and a place that serves flat bread type pizza on certain nights. The bbq was good but the pizza place was fantastic. We didn't have time for shopping, next time we'd like to check out the small shops and neighboring towns. We will def. visit here again next time we are in this part of Vermont. This Inn is really a great B&B and we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relaxation and Rejuvenation is the name of the game at Wilder Farm Inn. An authentic Vermont lodging experience in a quintessential eight-room Vermont farmhouse, and the perfect complement to your stay in the Mad River Valley. We are passionate about genuine hospitality, fresh healthy local food, and outdoor adventures. While we are on the National Registry of Historic Places, you will find all rooms provide a ‘classically comfortable, far from traditional’ Vermont lodging experience. We look forward to seeing you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Wilder Farm Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilder Farm Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Wilder Farm Hotel Waitsfield