“Perfect Once Again”

Wilder Farm Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 15 Waitsfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was the third time I have stayed at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, and it was just as amazing as I had remembered. Previously I had stayed during the winter for ski trips with friends, so staying in the summer with my wife was a very different experience. Many more things to do outside when the sun is shining and there is no snow on the ground!
Luke & Linda are amazing people, who really love their community, and will give you the best advice on things to see and places to eat (though after one of Luke's amazing breakfasts there isn't much point in eating for the rest of the day!).
We had some special requests that Luke & Linda took care of and we really appreciate their special attention to our needs.
We stayed in the Robin Room, which is spectacular. The bed is super comfortable and the bathroom is the perfect size. We appreciated the bench near the door and the spacious dresser and many places to hang clothing around the room. On a lazy afternoon the A/C unit was a blessing as were the black out curtains!
I have told so many people about the beauty of the Mad River Valley, and that if they ever plan a trip that they should stay at Wilder!
The common areas are very well appointed, with comfy couches and lots of board games and books. It wasn't cool enough for the fireplaces to be roaring, but they are still beautiful focal points of the dining area and the "main" common room.
As in previous stays, and even just a pass through visit, I purchased some of Luke's pottery for ourselves and for my brother and sister in law. He is a special talent and was even willing to make a special request mug for my wife. If you aren't going to stay at Wilder, at least stop by the pottery studio and see true VT artistry!
I am astounded at how much we did while we were in Waitsfield but how relaxed we were when it was time to leave...
Thanks to Luke & Linda for such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Book early, especially in the summer and fall.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Wilder Farm Inn B&B

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Wilder Farm Inn is a great place to stay if you are looking for a convenient location, comfortable accommodations and gracious hosts. Luke and Linda are the perfect innkeepers - attentive, knowledgeable and relaxed. My husband and I spent three nights at the inn. We chose the place based on great reviews, price and location. We were not disappointed. My husband is an avid beer fan and wanted to visit several of Vermont's famous breweries. I was hoping to get some hiking and site seeing in. The inn is centrally located in the Mad River Valley so it's an easy ride to Sugarbush, Mad River Glen and Burlington. We were able to explore breweries, mountains and the quaint villages (Warren, Waitsfield, Waterbury) with ease and did a day trip to Burlington and Lake Champlain. Breakfast every morning was top notch - from farina cakes with maple syrup to farm fresh omelettes (I watched Luke cut the Swiss chard and chives in the garden after I ordered). They rotate between sweet and savory each day. The Cape Room was tight, but it had its own bathroom and we spent little time there anyway. All-in-all a wonderful inn. We would highly recommend it and plan to return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Beautiful b&b owned by a delightful couple who offered helpful advice and suggestions on everything from restaurants to hiking and biking trails. Our room (Montgomery room) was huge and very clean. Breakfast was delicious - peach-blueberry pancakes one day and omelettes the other, with a willingness to accommodate requests for substitutions. Snacks (biscotti, brownies) and local tea were left out at night, which was a nice treat! Great porch and adirondack chairs out in the lawn for enjoying a leisurely morning with a cup of coffee. Nice common spaces (living room, large, comfortable dining room) that we and the other guests felt comfortable using.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Luke and Linda's lovely Wilder Farm Inn this past weekend because we were in town for a wedding. Several other friends stayed here as well, and all of us had a wonderful experience.
We were checking in quite late and I called to explain, Luke had a routine and described where the key would be. We came in late and went to bed on a comfy mattress and I slept like a rock with complete silence around me!
We awoke to amazing whole grain pancakes, yogurt with fruit puree, and orange juice. Luke does NOT mess around in that kitchen! Luke and Linda both gave our group tips on where to hike, and places to visit in our spare time. The second morning's breakfast of a maple sausage, cheddar and tomato scramble was even better than the pancakes.
We stayed in the 'River Room' and it was great. Relaxing colors, plenty of room and a nice view of the mountains (Route 100 is right in front, so an occasional car drives by, but it's not noisy).
Linda takes great care in decorating the place, and everything is so unique and beautiful. Luke sculpts all of the dishes used, right down to the water glass in your bedroom!
The group of friends attending the wedding used Wilder as a home base (even though everyone wasn't staying there), because of it's spacious sitting rooms, internet access, lovely porch, and chiminea out back. We met wonderful people at each breakfast, and enjoyed the grounds thoroughly.
We were terribly sad to leave, and bought a pitcher and bud vase from Luke as a souvenir before we left!
We will be back ASAP!

Room Tip: River Room was really nice! Other rooms seemed more updated, but this one had a bit more space if th...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah T
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I have visited this area of Vermont for many years. We were up for the weekend for a lacrosse tournament and this was our first visit to the Wilder Farm Inn B&B. The Innkeepers, Luke and Linda were so friendly and helpful. The accommodations were comfortable and clean. The setting was private and quaint. Breakfast was delicious. The entire time at the Inn was so peaceful. We look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea H
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We really try our best to give our guests a pleasant stay while at our B&B and in the Mad River Valley. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This review is a bit delayed, but I think I have been avoiding writing it for fear of the response it may receive, some responses come off a bit hostile, and to be honest made me hesitate about booking here. First, lets start with the good. I completely agree with everyone about the breakfast. It's fresh, delicious and really gets your day started off right. I thought overall the inn is a nice place to stay, the s'mores station was a nice touch and Luke &laura made dinner recommendations and offered to make reservations if we needed.

That said, we booked our trip late and it was peak ski season, so we were left with the country life room and it is definitely a tight squeeze. I would just like to warn anyone booking this room, you need to really love each other. There is only room for a bed and dresser, no extra chair or couch and the bathroom is right next to the bed, literally just a foot away, and the walls are paper thin. Bathroom itself is pretty big, but its not like you want to hang out in there. Also because of space limitations, it was difficult to find places to hang wet clothes to dry. Overall walls are a bit thin and floors are creaky, but I guess most b&bs are like this and perhaps it was just more noticeable because we stayed for 4 days, which I will admit is my longest stay in a single b&b.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kells277
WilderFarmInn, Owner at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

We completely agree with you. All our guestrooms vary in size as well as decor and the Country Life Room is our smallest room. However, we feel it's important to note that when we renovated this room, we thought long and hard on how to maximize the space; therefore, we hand-built a platform bed to fit luggage underneath and in addition to adding a total of 10 hooks, we built a storage area in the bathroom that consists of hooks, hanging bar w/hangers, shelf above and luggage rack below. We do have guest specifically request this room because of the vibe and coziness. We're sorry it didn't appeal to you. Perhaps it is an assumption on our part, but we would think that since the inn was built in 1859, potential guests would realize that our walls are not concrete, sound-proof walls; like those found in your typical hotel - that they are thin and the floors may squeak. We're happy to know that we were helpful with suggestions and that you enjoyed the breakfasts as well as some s'mores by the fire. It's unfortunate that the size of your room had such a huge effect on both your stay and our overall review. We truly want every individual that stays with us to leave here feeling like they received the stay they were hoping for and more. It's kind of disappointing that, even though we try very hard to accommodate all our guests' needs, staying in a room that was too small for you dampened your experience. We thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you appreciate ours. Luke & Linda (a.k.a. Laura)

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just completed our first visit to the Wilder Farm Inn and the Waitsfield area. We were warmly greeted by Luke and Linda upon arrival, and treated like friends throughout our visit. My wife and I stayed in Millbrook #1 and our son and friend stayed in Millbrook #2. The four of us shared a spacious and well appointed bathroom just steps away...very private. Although the Inn dates back to 1859 and has the look and feel of that era, it's in terrific shape and features plenty of space (indoors and out) to relax. Breakfast was one of the highlights in that the food was delicious, well presented, and plentiful. As far as area attractions, there's plenty to do like shopping, dining, hiking, and swimming. We had an overall great time in Waitsfield and would not hesitate to return to the Wilder Farm Inn.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waitsfield
The Inn at Round Barn Farm
White Horse Inn
White Horse Inn
#3 of 15 in Waitsfield
Mad River Barn Inn, Restaurant & Pub

Been to Wilder Farm Inn B&B? Share your experiences!