This was the third time I have stayed at Wilder Farm Inn B&B, and it was just as amazing as I had remembered. Previously I had stayed during the winter for ski trips with friends, so staying in the summer with my wife was a very different experience. Many more things to do outside when the sun is shining and there is no snow on the ground!
Luke & Linda are amazing people, who really love their community, and will give you the best advice on things to see and places to eat (though after one of Luke's amazing breakfasts there isn't much point in eating for the rest of the day!).
We had some special requests that Luke & Linda took care of and we really appreciate their special attention to our needs.
We stayed in the Robin Room, which is spectacular. The bed is super comfortable and the bathroom is the perfect size. We appreciated the bench near the door and the spacious dresser and many places to hang clothing around the room. On a lazy afternoon the A/C unit was a blessing as were the black out curtains!
I have told so many people about the beauty of the Mad River Valley, and that if they ever plan a trip that they should stay at Wilder!
The common areas are very well appointed, with comfy couches and lots of board games and books. It wasn't cool enough for the fireplaces to be roaring, but they are still beautiful focal points of the dining area and the "main" common room.
As in previous stays, and even just a pass through visit, I purchased some of Luke's pottery for ourselves and for my brother and sister in law. He is a special talent and was even willing to make a special request mug for my wife. If you aren't going to stay at Wilder, at least stop by the pottery studio and see true VT artistry!
I am astounded at how much we did while we were in Waitsfield but how relaxed we were when it was time to leave...
Thanks to Luke & Linda for such a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relaxation and Rejuvenation is the name of the game at Wilder Farm Inn. An authentic Vermont lodging experience in a quintessential eight-room Vermont farmhouse, and the perfect complement to your stay in the Mad River Valley. We are passionate about genuine hospitality, fresh healthy local food, and outdoor adventures. While we are on the National Registry of Historic Places, you will find all rooms provide a ‘classically comfortable, far from traditional’ Vermont lodging experience. We look forward to seeing you here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Wilder Farm Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilder Farm Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Wilder Farm Hotel Waitsfield