Myself and a friend travelled to Vermont from Canada for three nights, one of which we spent in the Wilder Farm Inn. Having stayed the previous two nights in an (albeit very lovely) hostel--turning up at this gorgeous inn was a real treat. Following Luke's tips on walking and swimming we enjoyed some of the Mad River's more undiscovered spots and had a truly wonderful time doing so. The beds were cosy, our room (a twin) charming, and the breakfast delicious. We also really enjoyed the hammocks and sipping some very tasty Cream of Earl Grey tea from the Vermont Tea Company out of Luke's pottery mugs. Waitsfield itself is absolutely lovely. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. We hired stand-up paddleboards from Clearwater Sports, paddled about Blueberry lake, met local tourist-greeter Yoda the cat, enjoyed Mad River massages at the Saturday morning Farmers' Market, jogged past fields of Holstein cattle and an occasional deer, and plunged into the refeshing river waters on more than one occasion. Charming, restful, unmissable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wilder Farm Inn...where farm-fresh meets fashion-forward. We have made a conscious decision to create an atmosphere more appealing to today's traveler. With a relaxed vibe and some fresh decorating, it's apparent that grandma doesn't live here anymore. Gone are the days of doilies and old-time quilts. We have eight uniquely and individually decorated guestrooms which are sure to fit anyone's style. From country chic to hotel boutique, we're sure you'll find a room that's perfect for you! It's all about the food...from preparation to presentation, we take pride it what you eat. Breakfasts are freshly prepared with organic ingredients; some coming straight from our garden and others locally foraged. Our baked goods are made from scratch, and we offer a thoughtful menu featuring a creative culinary flare. What can be better?....it's served to you on Luke's handmade pottery.Our grounds are perfect for reading that book, enjoying a glass of wine, playing some bocce & horseshoes or even taking that well-deserved nap. Our property is also home to The Naked Potter Studio & Gallery, an 1840's post & beam lovingly built by the potter himself.Besides the obvious Vermont attractions, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, Ben & Jerry's, the farmers' market, we love to share our local knowledge of those special hidden gems. We are passionate about making your stay exactly what you want it to be, whether its outdoor fun, fine dining, art, etc...we care.Come as Guests...Leave as Friends ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wilder Farm Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wilder Farm Hotel Waitsfield
- Wilder Farm Inn Bed And Breakfast