The Inn at Round Barn Farm
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus Waterbury - Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
$119
Fairfield Inn & Suites Waterbury Stowe(Waterbury)(Great Value!)
$143
$159
Hilltop Inn(Montpelier)
$59
$63
All reviewsterrace roommy husband and ienglish roomcookiesb bsterling roomdana roomjones roomrolling hillstour of the propertythree coursesthe entire staffnew englandbeautiful settingevery morningwedding receptionbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My spouse and I recently stayed at the Inn and had a wonderful time. This was my third time visiting the inn and there are several reasons why I recommend it.

The Inn is in a setting that actually evokes the image of what you think Vermont represents. The area is pristine and the grounds are meticulously kept. We were surrounded by lush green mountains and beautiful vistas.

In addition, the owners care about the property and their guests. At this Inn, the staff is friendly and helpful but professional.

The inn keepers care about your comfort. This is a huge issue for me since I have trouble sleeping in most hotels. They purchased comfortable beds and outfitted them with good sheets and big fluffy comforters. A sound machine on your night table plays ocean waves or nature sounds to lull you to sleep. And they let you control the temperature of your room. Simple ideas but few hotels pay attention to the sleep experience.

I also liked that they use local ingredients from community farms and businesses at their breakfast. This is important to us.

I'd write a more glowing review but I'm afraid there won't be a room available the next time I call for a reservation.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelmoose1
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed in the Joslin Room. exquisitly furnished decorated in red and cream toile.. whirlpool bath. commodious.
Breakfast presentation changed daily. Local Vermont produce.
Afternoon snacks, freshly prepared.
Grounds beautifully landscaped. Cows in ajacent field.
Courteous and attentive service. Excellent advice on retaurants and points of interest.

Cannot think of a negative.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Stayed in the Jocelin Room - steam vent in the shower did not work & the vent was dirty & rotted. Almost too dirty & corroded to take a shower. Room was well-appointed, but we were charged the full amount for the room ONE MONTH IN ADVANCE --on the same day which I made the reservation.
We were NOT told that our credit card would be charged the full amount. When I questioned the advance charge, (upon receiving my credit card bill, with the charge for our stay for which we had not yet even stayed at the inn), we were told that it was the Inn's policy to charge, IN FULL, IN ADVANCE, when the stay is less than 2 nights. I responded that we were told that the room was only available for one night, & that it was OK for us because we were attending a wedding there the same evening. At that time, we were not informed that they were charging 100% in ADVANCE.
The advance charge would not have mattered to us if the service & accommodations were acceptable. Service, is almost non-existent. They also have a tacky policy re: water bottles. Upon being escorted to our room, we were shown a common area water tank & were instructed to fill the empty water bottles (with the Round Barn Inn logo) that were left in the room. This is not service, but "self-service" -- to expect guests to take a trip down the hallway & down the stairs to fill up a water bottle. Would it have been too much for them to leave a common store brand bottle of water in the room? More self-service: coffee/tea is "self-service" at breakfast.
Also, there are no newspapers available at the hotel. We realize that it is not a full-service hotel, but a Sunday newspaper to enjoy during breakfast would have been expected. Particularly, since there is no way to follow the news in our room-- because there was NO TELEVISION. As a side note, we attended at large wedding at the Barn of about 200 people & it was apparent that the facility was severely understaffed, as evidenced by the slow service. Also, the indoor lap pool was closed throughout our stay. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Auntie100
RoundBarnInnkeper, Owner at The Inn at Round Barn Farm, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2009

Greetings from the Round Barn. First, I would like to thank you as we value everyone's feedback. Unfortunately, it appears we did not satisfy your needs and for that I am sorry.

You mentioned the steam shower vent was corroded. You are correct. Though we have cleaned it repeatedly, the corrosion comes from a brass fitting that has seen too many minerals from our country water system. Though I can assure you the shower is clean, we plan to have the fitting replaced. As far as the shower not working, we have tested it and it is working fine. I am sorry you did not contact us about that problem as we would have been happy to assist you.

It seems as though you were upset about our single night full payment policy. Though we don't apologize for the policy, apparently we did not make the policy clear enough for you upon booking.

Regarding our water bottle policy...we used to have brand name water bottles as you suggested in our rooms, however, we used to find, on average, about 5 used bottles, per room, after each weekend stay. We estimated we are saving about 3,550 water bottles a year by implementing our new policy. We are a proud member of the Green Hotel Program and the environment is very important to us. We felt the Round Barn water bottle, designed as a gift for you to take home, was a nice option.

We do not hide the fact that we have no TV's or newspapers for our rooms. Our philosophy is to provide a relaxing getaway from the clutter of everyday living. Our indoor pool is open daily and is only closed during barn functions like the one you were attending.

We work hard to try to please everyone who stays here. Sometimes our policies don't fit some peoples' desires and we respect that. Thanks to your insights, however, we will work even harder in communicating with our guests both before and during their stays.

Reviewed June 14, 2009

My husband and I recently got married at the Inn at the Round Barn Farm and it was absolutely lovely! We took over all of the rooms at the Inn for the weekend and the owners, Tim and AnneMarie, were the perfect hosts! On our wedding day, Vermont experienced unusually high winds which knocked out the power in the middle of our cocktail hour! The power was out across several counties for a few hours, but our wedding reception continued thanks to the quick action of the RBI. Without our guests knowing a thing, they brought in generators so music and dinner could go on. The end result was a beautiful, candlelit dinner and the power came back just in time for dancing!

The entire Round Barn staff was a joy and extremely helpful with not only our wedding celebration, but also with making our guests feel welcome during their stay.

Each room is unique with its own flavor of Vermont charm. The breakfasts are divine and the grounds are simply beautiful.

Thanks to the RBI!!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I traveled with my husband to the Inn at Round Barn Farm this weekend. He fancies himself as "Joe Average" because he says he thinks like the average guy. Joe Average raved about the Inn at Round Barn Farm. Not always a "B&B kinda guy", Joe Average said this was his favorite B&B he's ever visited! Quite a testimony to the quality and surroundings at the Inn at Round Barn Farm.

The Inn at Round Barn Farm has captured Vermont history and packaged it beautifully into a wonderful place to stay and celebrate special occasions. That's alot of what Joe Average loved about it. The story about the rennovation of the farmhouse and the historic round barn is just short of amazing. The barn is spectacular - two stories with original beams and white lights. When it's not hosting a wedding, it's a cultural center for the arts.

We stayed in the Abbott Suite - a lovely two-room suite. If you like TV, this is the only room with your own, although there is a nice TV in the billiards room too. There's also a deep jacuzzi tub and steam shower, plus tons of room to spread out too. We particularly enjoyed going to bed to the chorus of peepers and bullfrogs in the five ponds behind the inn.

There's so much to do at the inn; more than you usually find at a country inn - a lap pool, beautiful grounds and private trails to explore with the help of the inn's mascot, Cooper the black lab. There's even a hair salon for brides-to-be if they want it!

I enthusiastically recommend the Inn at Round Barn for a great romantic getaway, destination wedding, a special occasion celebration or just pure relaxation.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business