“Best restaurant I have visited in a long time”
Review of Black Sheep Bistro

Black Sheep Bistro
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Vergennes
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stopped by on a whim on the way back from a hiking expedition and this was an amazing treat. The hostess and wait staff were excellent. They were very friendly and efficient. The food was to die for, I had the chicken, my fiancé had the steak. I wish we could go here once a week. The value was great. Fine dining, two entrees, an appetizer and each with a drink and we walked out with a 60 dollar bill. Go here once in your life.

1  Thank Phillysojourn

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Food was excellent. Menu has all starters at the same price and all entrees at the same price. Unfortunately, one of the specials was all ready sold out by 6:30. Service was good, although the cocktails were not as ordered. Overall, will return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We first experienced the Black Sheep when a friend gave us a GC as a housewarming gift. In the years since, we have had many memorable occasions and meals here. (Including our engagement) The entire staff, from the House Manager to the chef, are always accommodating and the food never disappointing!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My father lives north of Burlington and it is a LONG ride back to The Berkshires from there. Twice now my significant other and I have stopped and had dinner at Black Sheep Bistro on our way home. We come from an area of GREAT chef owned restaurants, but I REALLY wish the Black Sheep Bistro was closer to home. The first time we stopped here we were seated upstairs and it was quite romantic and intimate despite some nearby tables. This past time we were seated downstairs and early on realized it was going to be noisy due to a large, nearby party and being seated mid-room. We asked to be moved upstairs and the staff could not have been more accommodating! Once again, in dimmer light, by the window, with some fab wine and two terrific meals (the beef filet and the duck breast), along with a WONDERFUL pea soup that we shared, and of course, the pomme frittes with 3 different sauces, it all just made the night magical for the second time!! The staff here is superb, food wonderful and atmosphere (upstairs) just THE BEST!!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I and gentle companion stopped in on a very dark and rainy evening returning home from UVM the middle of September 2012
What a marvelous find. The food was fantastic, every bite, every morsel was a mouth watering taste bud bouncing extravaganza of pleasure and I'm no foodie!!!
There wasnt one single thing to not sing a praise about!
Can't wait to go back.
The presentation and care in prepartionwas clearly evident, the service was top shelf, very helpful, the ambiance was so nice, cozy, welcoming, warm and friendly.
Oh and Laenee, the Black Sheep Bistro is in the middle of everywhere, cause where I come from really is in the middle of nowhere
ha ha