“Good food, Good atmosphere!”
Review of Antidote

Antidote
Ranked #3 of 17 Restaurants in Vergennes
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An unexpected, welcoming restaurant and cocktail lounge. Check out our updated Autumn menu, our indoor and (seasonally, of course!) outdoor seating, music, live concerts and events, local art, darts, foosball and and… Of course, all the good stuff you know Antidote for - great drinks, good company and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had a wonderful family dinner over the weekend at this terrific restaurant. The servers are excellent and the food quite varied and tasty. They have specialty drinks, various beers, and some home made favorites. Everyone will find something they like. The chocolate silk pie dessert is really the show-stopper and a must try! We will definitely be back whenever we're in the area.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Vergennes is so lucky to have so many wonderful restaurants with delicious fresh food, but I feel like the Antidote is just a step above.

The Antidote has great ambiance, even though it's in the basement! The staff are always very nice (even when they are super busy)! They have a decent selection of homebrews, and their food is delicious. My favorite special treat is to get the truffle fries!

Ok, ok, I know fries aren't really food! In that case, my favorite entree is the Chicken Carbonara! The chicken has a wonderful smokey taste, and it is such a rich and creamy dish that it really stands out as my "treat yourself once in a while" meal.

They also have typical pub style food (like those fries! YUM!), and I've never been disappointed in anything I've ordered.

What puts this place over the top are the live music nights and the art! I love the talent they bring in, and combined with the food and the service, it really works to put the Antidote on the top of my list for Vergennes!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Great food and service Sara was fantastic. Busy night and only her, nice job Sara. Try the maple Manhattan, best ever great presentation. Enchiladas with pulled chicken were super, nice and firm not soggy and buried in sauce like so many others. Never disappointed here. If you are a bread pudding fan that alone is worth the trip.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

There just happened to be live music when we decided to have dinner here tonight, the duo was just right for the mood. We sat at the bar and delighted in tantalizing cocktails that were highlighted by our scrumptious meals. The bar tender Dave was knowledgable and friendly. We can't wait to come back!!!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have been there twice and both times were great. The pork belly tacos were insanely good and the mac and cheese with ham will comfort anyone. The atmosphere is hip and fun, the cocktails are interesting and tasty.