“Great Food! Casual Atmosphere.”
Review of 3 Squares Cafe

3 Squares Cafe
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Vergennes
Cuisines: American, Diner, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Welcome to 3 Squares Café! We're serving up casual and creative cuisine three meals a day, seven days a week. Located in historic downtown Vergennes, we welcome you to bring the entire family and enjoy a meal in our eclectic, comfortable atmosphere. Noted for our dedication to cooking from scratch, serving generous portions, and supporting local producers, we have been pumping nourishment into the heart of the Vergennes community and those who visit since 2007.
Colchester, Vermont
“Great Food! Casual Atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband loves the Huevos Rancheros & open-faced meatloaf with gravy sandwich. They use a lot of local VT ingredients & products, including "Daily Chocolate" chocolates for sale (which is convenient, bcz, although that shop is right around the corner, they are closed Sun & Mon).
Very good desserts, as well as chai tea lattes. They have limited seating & it's usually crowded (bcz the food is great).
The service can sometimes be slow & somewhat indifferent. The prices are a bit high, but you get what you pay for!

1 Thank WensThinkingSpot

new england
“Long wait for food”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this cafe after reading positive reviews. The inside of the restaurant is in need of sprucing up. My husband ordered a muffin which was nothing special. I ordered a hummus plate which took 25 minutes to arrive, long after my husband had received and eaten the muffin. I have to say that my dish was presented well and was tasty. Due to their slow service, I felt rushed and found it difficult to enjoy a pleasant lunch.

Visited April 2014
Bristol, Vermont
“Great food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We were on a date and found this place. We drank coffee, ate good food while jazz music (Budos Band & Dizzy Gillespie) piped over the PA. We sat in the window watching the world go by. The raggedy hip staff (atmosphere) invited us back for the other times when interesting cuisine is being served. We will go back and make this a fun place to go when we have visiting friends from out of town.

Vergennes, Vermont
“A place to bring friends”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stop here whenever friends are in town for lunch or breakfast. The food has always been very good. I have never eaten dinner here. You order and pay at the counter and then find a seat and your food is brought to you. I especially like sitting outside in warm weather.

• Visited February 2014
Vergennes, Vermont
“Great place to eat and socialize”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Lots of great choices and a fun atmosphere. It's fun sitting in the windows and looking out over Main street. The food is a very good value and tasty. casual setting and lots of fun to sit around and talk to friends.

• Visited February 2014